Mid May-How long to let acoustic acclamate to temperature on arrival

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I have located a D46 in Texas and will know Monday if I have bought it. If deal goes through, how long should I let it acclamate to TN temperature? I understand cold winter shipping to inside a 72* home but no drastic change in temps in May.
Appreciate your experience in helping me not to let my anxiousness overload my "I need to wait 24 hours before unpacking."

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Texas to Tennessee in May, I don't think you have to worry about it. Unless it just makes you feel better.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Dave:
Thanks and what will make me feel better is to open it on the front porch--immediately--and, hopefully, smile as I look and find it to be as described. I will be as nervous as I remember being when I was a little boy and one of our Pointer bird dogs was having puppies up at the barn. The anxiousness has already started and the seller will not respond for two days.

ClydeTower

Reaction score
No shortage of things to worry about in this world, I can gladly say you can remove this one from the list :)

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
Stu, from what part of Tejas are you sourcing the D-46? We're near Tyler and coming to Dickson next Friday. Hand delivery is an option.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Cosmic:
Terrell, TX just East of Dallas.
And, if I may ask--who do you know in Dickson?

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Stu, from what part of Tejas are you sourcing the D-46? We're near Tyler and coming to Dickson next Friday. Hand delivery is an option.[/QUOTE

AMAZING how this is happening--makes one have deeper thoughts.
Interesting how it all came down:
1. Began by me looking for 3rd tonewood for Guild acoustic
2. Pretty much settled on mahogany D40
3. Read several reviews from LTG members on D46 ash back/sides
4. My GAS desire swings to D46 and one appears on Dallas CL
5. Communicate with owner of D46 and after two weeks of soul searching and "back and forths" we come to agreement
6. Very anxious about shipping
7. Out of the blue CosmicArkie --
an LTG member I had never communicated with -- offers to hand deliver D46. Cosmic it seems -- as all the stars just lined up and fell in place -- will be traveling and stopping overnight in Dickson, TN. How awesome!
8. CosmicArkie and seller live less than 30 miles apart and agreed to meet. CosmicArkie could have the
D46 and give it some lessons before we meet. (He has my blessings and permission to treat it as his).
9. This is gonna happen and I get to meet and make friends with fellow LTGer and his wife.
10. Life is good

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
This thread can be closed as CosmicArkie is going to hand deliver D46.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Stu, from what part of Tejas are you sourcing the D-46? We're near Tyler and coming to Dickson next Friday. Hand delivery is an option.[/QUOTE

AMAZING how this is happening--makes one have deeper thoughts.
Interesting how it all came down:
1. Began by me looking for 3rd tonewood for Guild acoustic
2. Pretty much settled on mahogany D40
3. Read several reviews from LTG members on D46 ash back/sides
4. My GAS desire swings to D46 and one appears on Dallas CL
5. Communicate with owner of D46 and after two weeks of soul searching and "back and forths" we come to agreement
6. Very anxious about shipping
7. Out of the blue CosmicArkie --
an LTG member I had never communicated with -- offers to hand deliver D46. Cosmic it seems -- as all the stars just lined up and fell in place -- will be traveling and stopping overnight in Dickson, TN. How awesome!
8. CosmicArkie and seller live less than 30 miles apart and agreed to meet. CosmicArkie could have the
D46 and give it some lessons before we meet. (He has my blessings and permission to treat it as his).
9. This is gonna happen and I get to meet and make friends with fellow LTGer and his wife.
10. Life is good

Awesome , don’t forget group pictures or it didn’t happen . Haha 😁

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Al:
Will do on "acoustic/acoustic electric" section under "ngd-d46-for free" but may be first of next week unless CosmicArkie does it sooner. He is delivering it to Dickson, TN on Friday evening. Everything is relative but Friday is a long time. I know it is in good hands.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Al:
Will do on "acoustic/acoustic electric" section under "ngd-d46-for free" but may be first of next week unless CosmicArkie does it sooner. He is delivering it to Dickson, TN on Friday evening. Everything is relative but Friday is a long time. I know it is in good hands.

"Patience is a virtue hard to come by"-Jorma Kaukonen
But I've got it.
:friendly_wink: