D4 truss rod cover

jezzatakla

Reaction score
Hi, I'm obviously new to the forum. Can anybody tell me where I can get a truss rod cover for my old D4? If I could I would make one myself, but I am rubbish at DIY stuff. Thanks....Jerry

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi, I'm obviously new to the forum. Can anybody tell me where I can get a truss rod cover for my old D4? If I could I would make one myself, but I am rubbish at DIY stuff. Thanks....Jerry

Can't help you with the truss rod cover, but wanted to say welcome. Love the D4 - bought one for the wife, and nearly kept it in my herd.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Jerry:
Welcome and Hans just sent me one. He has solutions to Guild problems.

jezzatakla

Reaction score
Can't help you with the truss rod cover, but wanted to say welcome. Love the D4 - bought one for the wife, and nearly kept it in my herd.

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I agree with you about the D4. When I put new strings on it, it almost sounds as if it's going through a chorus pedal. It really is a sweet instrument. Mine is pretty battered, but I don't care about that. I have an old Martin D15 that is in pristine condition but I am so worried about scratching it that I hardly ever use it, which I know is a bit pathetic, but there you go. Cheers....Jerry

jezzatakla

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the welcome, and the endorsement of Hans. I will contact him today. Cheers...Jerry

jezzatakla

Reaction score
Thanks Hans, I tried to send you an email but the anti spam did not work, so I don't know if you received it or not. I don't want to give you my email address publicly so maybe you can get it from the Guild forum site. If not we'll work something else out. Thanks...Jerry

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hans, I tried to send you an email but the anti spam did not work, so I don't know if you received it or not. I don't want to give you my email address publicly so maybe you can get it from the Guild forum site. If not we'll work something else out. Thanks...Jerry

HI "Jezza", welcome aboard!
You can set the forum to notify your email when you get a new PM, under the "Settings" function, then go to "edit email & password".
I just noticed in another thread that Hans mentioned he was having problems with the contact function on his website.
Main reason he prefers his site is that his mailbox here gets filled up quickly.
Have patience and try again if you get his "mailbox is full" message.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hans, I tried to send you an email but the anti spam did not work, so I don't know if you received it or not.

Hello Jerry,

No! There's a problem and I have not figured out what it is.

Meanwhile, you can send me an email by clicking my screen name on the left and choose the email function.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl