Can anyone fill me in on DV62?

Dondoh

Reaction score
A local shop has a '93 DV62.
I'm not really a dred guy, but I was wondering if anyone here knows about this model?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm.. Not sure I've heard much about this model. DV-52 gets tons of love around here. I think the DV-72 is is the model with the turquoise, malachite, or pink inlays. If I were to guess, it's just be some different appointments than the DV-52, but based on the same rosewood dread. Not sure at all about that.

All that said, making any assumptions with respect to Guild model names is usually an exercise in futility.

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Probably an oversimplification... but it's basically a high gloss DV-52 with herringbone rosette and purfling. So, rosewood body, spruce (Sitka) top with scalloped bracing. mahogany neck with ebony fret board and dot markers. Ebony bridge. Snake head headstock.

Haven't seen one for sale for a while... not quite as common as the DV-52. I'd say a good price (depending on condition)might be somewhere in the $1K-$1.5K range (tho' I have seen them sell for less), and a GREAT price would be $800-$1K.

Here's an older review...

Last edited:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Think Chazmo nailed it--a DV52 with fenderskirts and white sidewalls. I have a DV52 and really like it. Found a DV62 and, if not for the DV52, would have bought it. And the DV62 is still for sale and you may be aware of the very same one on CCL.

Aristera

Reaction score
I have a 1993 DV-62. I had a K&K installed and it sounds fantastic. Herringbone trim and scalloped bracing. I purchased mine from fellow LTG member Geo a couple of years ago. I would compare it to a Martin D28 in size and sound.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

002-e1507486991858.jpg

Or, "Linkee no Workee"
:biggrin-new:

Last edited:

Kitarkus

Reaction score
My brother's first Guild was a DV-62...he still owns and plays it. It is a lovely instrument. It does have a herringbone trim....which I could personally take/leave. His has a chunkier neck than my later model D-40....more like mid-late 70's and 80's necks....and a generally heavy build quality. It sounds great....and is certainly an 'up-scale' Guild dread. I agree with the $1000-$1500 range...anything toward the low side of that range....given great condition and tone....would be a buy imo.

wileypickett

Reaction score
If the price fits your budget, I wouldn't hesitate -- go check it out!

IMO, the DV series are some of the best guitars Guild made, or at least among my favorites anyway.

Good luck!

Dondoh

Reaction score
Thanks all! I will check it out! Asking $1100 so you guys are pretty accurate!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I had one spotted on the Charlotte, NC craigslist and looked nice. Co.municated with owner and he wanted $1200. I bet he would have picked up 11 one hundred dollar bills and handed you the guitar. Ot is now gone and hope LTG member got it.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ah, from that I will infer that the URL generated by a forum search is ephemeral and fugitive.
But I laughed my *** off!! Thanks amigo!!

To answer the original poster..... yes, I've heard of it. Will there be anything else? It's getting late here.......

After the snark died off I was like, YEAH if i could get one for that price I'd offer less and be a hard a$$, and then pay it if I had to. These are the best rosewood guitars made by Guild or ANYONE!! Get it, amigo!!