NGD!! (Non-Guild content) I should be sedated, I swear.....

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And actually I WAS sedated!! I came home from my most recent neck procedure after Versed and Fentanyl .... they told me to stay quiet and not drink and stay calm. So I ordered this guitar that I wanted from GC (see earlier post) and followed Sandy (twocorgis) link and dealt with some LOVELY people at Springfield Music in Springfield, MO!! SUPER nice people. Basically it was the guitar I wanted at GC only in WAY better shape, and WITH a case... and free shipping!! And talk about WHY not to deal with GC on new guitars, the guy said it was new with a full warranty but they couldn't list it as new at a lower price. It had been on their wall. They played it for me and I said, "Send it to me!!" THEN he says, "They're restringing it right now, what strings do you want on it?" Seriously?

I have 30 days to decide and I can send it back. Way better deal than from the A$$holes at GC, and it came two days early!! First impressions? LOUD and heavy on the bass end but super sweet and clear! Myrtlewood is harder than spruce so they can make the soundboard thinner and more responsive. I could go on and on but so far I LOVE IT and I have to give PROPS to Sandy for making me poorer, but happier!!! Thanks, amigo!!

More photos to come. I'm half drunk and I can hardly play a chord, let alone take a photo!! I give you my Breedlove Myrtlewood Concerto E!!!

hob66j.jpg

I should be put away or something. But it's a very DIFFERENT and super nice guitar!!

Grassdog

Reaction score
What a beautiful guitar. Congratulations and enjoy. It's good to hear this saga had a happy ending.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh wait!! Now I've got it in Open C? WOWZA!! I'm keeping it.... for sure.... now to bed. Talk to y'all tomorrow!! Nighty guys and gals!! :smiley_simmons:

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Very distinct look. What's the flip side look like ?

I've always been interested in Breedloves. They change model names and lines more the Guild, so it's hard to keep track. I played a redwood topped on in a GC, before I got my first Guild, but the low E string sounded rather dead. It didn't seem worth the price. Now, I can't REMEMBER the price, but I think it was a lot less than what I see redwood guitars going for now.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Could've been the strings, John. And remember they have a whole line of Asian built guitars that are okay and I see people playing them out and they're nice I have no problem with them. But these are the Bend, Oregon ones and they're exceptional. John I promise I'll take more photos just not tonight. I'm exhausted. I'd link you with the Reverb ad but as soon as I bought it they took it down. If you ever get the chance to do business with Springfield (MO) Music, they're SUPER nice and I'd buy from them again in a minute!! More photos to come, my friends!! :encouragement:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats Amigo, Looks stunning! It is so nice to deal with a shop that appreciates your business as opposed to expecting it. Hope you enjoy it for a long time to come man.

TX

bobouz

Reaction score
Myrtlewood grows in a region around the southern Oregon coast. Even though it doesn't grow around here on the north Oregon coast, there's still a myrtlewood store just a few miles up the road from me. First time I ever drove north into Oregon from California in 1970, I kept seeing all of these myrtlewood shops & wondered: what in the heck is myrtlewood???

Nice to have Breedlove helping it see the light of day in the world of guitars.

Last edited:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Tom:
Beautiful guitar-Happy and enthusiastic owner is just what gets others to try. I am sure I will pick up a Breedlove one day. Enjoy your Sunday!

ClydeTower

Reaction score
Congrats! Great looking guitar, what body size is that? Looks to be Grand Auditorium?

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
.... they told me to stay quiet and not drink and stay calm.

You forgot about the part where they said don't make any big decisions! Oh well, HNGD and bigly congrats anyway! :biggrin-new:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow congrats ! I’ve looked at them in ads must likely because you pointed them out or Sandy I can’t remember anyway I’ve not heard them so I’m curious to know .
Congrats again ;)

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well done Tom! My girl wants to know how it smells. She was saying how Myrtlewood has a beautiful scent.

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Beautiful, Tom! Drugged up or not, it looks like you made an excellent decision! :applouse:

walrus

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats and enjoy, looks like a sweet guitar! Will have to check out
Springfield Music sometime, it's about a 3 hr drive from St. Louis :encouragement:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
She shore is purty! Makes me think of Johnny Cash.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sandy, if there's a distinctive smell it's very faint or gone by now. It's been hanging in a store for a while, so maybe it's dissipated? I'll get some more photos soon. First it's the grocery store..... assuming I can afford food. LOL!! :encouragement: