some parts missing...

kakerlak

Reaction score
Howdy ho, guys! I've finally got them! Haven't installed the strings yet, just wanted to share some pictures with you!

DThomasC did a great job! They just fit really perfectly as if i bought them from the official store!
This 3-d model is very helpful and must remain as a cultural heritage of this forum! For the future - I want to modify my guild with the roller bridge and a brass nut - what do you think about it?

That's great! As for your mods, I say go for whatever you feel like -- to me, part of the appeal of these Newark Street models is that they're not vintage and originality and resale value aren't a concern, so they're fair game for customizing. As for the nut and bridge, I never really thought a brass nut made too much difference, or any nut, for that matter. I also don't see a lot of point in running a roller bridge on a guitar with a fixed tailpiece. But, like I said, if they're your preferences, go for it. Totally reversible, either way. If I had one of these, I might be tempted to try to find a wooden archtop bridge, though last time I checked, it was surprisingly difficult to find one compensated for plain G.

DThomasC

Reaction score
I'm happy to hear that the model is accurate and that they worked out for you. They do look good.

I'm not a fan of roller bridges or brass nuts, but don't let my opinion stop you!

Andrew12

Reaction score
yes, kakerlak, i aslo tried to find a good wooden bridge to make my guitar look more ''vintage-correct'', but these archtop bridges looked too large on m-75, so i returned them back, it's a pain in the *** to find the right one.

DthomasC, so how did you make it so right? our local guy who printed them was very impressed with the results. It fits like a glove.

DThomasC

Reaction score
DthomasC, so how did you make it so right? our local guy who printed them was very impressed with the results. It fits like a glove.

I measured one with a set of $99 digital calipers and made the model in SolidWorks. The software makes things like this really easy. The software is also really expensive, but there's open source stuff available that's more than adequate for things like this. Actually, I think Autodesk Fusion is available for free as long as you're not using it for commercial purposes. That's a full featured, professional quality piece of SW. Probably too full-featured...