Sam Ash NYC Guilds

DThomasC

Reaction score
Yeah. Most of what you see on the Walmart website is available only online, not in any stores. Some of it they sell themselves out of their warehouses, some of it is "fulfilled by" a whole 'nother company. Basically, they're trying to be Amazon.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Frono:
You are one slick observer. You cannot slip sunshine by a wise old rooster. Your research has provided the "little things" once again.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Still a bit disorienting, and perhaps even disappointing, that I can go to wal-mart.com and see a new Guild for sale.

Combining Guild guitars with the well-deserved reputation that Wal-Mart has of poor quality, poor customer service, poor treatment of employees, etc. etc. is not (IMHO) a good strategy. Most people will not do the digging that our intrepid frono has done, but simply make a mental connection between Wal-Mart and Guild.

walrus

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Still a bit disorienting, and perhaps even disappointing, that I can go to wal-mart.com and see a new Guild for sale.

I'm not sure that is the case. I think 'fulfilled by Sam Ash Direct' means they are not displayed or sold in the retail locations. They can be ordered online and shipped to a store but if they are on display it is because a customer unpacked it.

I'm not sure where this Wal-Mart hate is coming from. In my world K-Mart had so thoroughly established it as the bottom feeder of retail, that the first area Wal-Mart was actually an improvement on every level. :)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
FWIW I can't find any GCs listed as dealers on http://guildguitars.com/find-a-dealer/ but there are several Sam Ash locations listed.

Right. Recall that they were never franchised for US-built from NH, and Cordoba never re-upped 'em for imported product.
At the time I speculated that perhaps thy didn't want to take a risk supplying a customer with potentially fatal credit-worthiness.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Combining Guild guitars with the well-deserved reputation that Wal-Mart has of poor quality, poor customer service, poor treatment of employees, etc. etc. is not (IMHO) a good strategy. Most people will not do the digging that our intrepid frono has done, but simply make a mental connection between Wal-Mart and Guild.

walrus

Not Wal-Mart hate, frono, but Guild love. As I said above, it's simple - it gives the perception of poor quality of Guild guitars.

walrus