NOGD... 1973 F48 Navarre

Sal

Reaction score
Scratch plate, I think you got a good deal with room to cover a neck reset if needed. It's beautiful. Also, if you don't already know it, some vintage straps are selling for good money these days too so you may have gotten a nice bonus there!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well Sandy, I've never really been considered the sharpest knife in the drawer. The F 48 sounds really good although I won't say as good or better than the Orph Jumbo. But sometimes it's about more than that and the financial side comes into play. I did what I needed to do at the time and although I do miss the Orpheum Jumbo I can't say that I regret the decision. There's plenty of pretty nice guitars in this house to play. No argument with your love for the Orpheum Jumbo though. It is very well deserved.

I know that you certainly have no shortage of great guitars to play Richard! There's just something so special about my Orpheum. Amazingly, it's lighter than a lot of small body guitars. I have a real quandary here because I know I have too many guitars, but they're all so good that I can't decide on even one to sell.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
First off Congrats on a really cool old Guild Scratch Plate! I love the way it looks and hope you get to enjoy it for a long time to come.

I know that you certainly have no shortage of great guitars to play Richard! There's just something so special about my Orpheum. Amazingly, it's lighter than a lot of small body guitars. I have a real quandary here because I know I have too many guitars, but they're all so good that I can't decide on even one to sell.

Sandy I have to agree with you on the Orpheum Jumbo. Mine is so fantastic that when it came time to cull the herd a bit I was ok with letting go of my Orpheum Hog 12 fret slope and my Orpheum Hog 12 fret 000 because the Orpheum Hog Jumbo is just so Amazing sounding and playing. While they were all wonderful sounding and playing guitars with different characteristics the Orpheum Jumbo just did everything so spot on for me that I couldn't justify keeping the other two Hog models. Mine is definitely a lifetime keeper.

TX

Last edited: