Ngd - x97v

cupric

Reaction score
Guild Total
Those are great!
Question, do you know Zack from Frets in Westerly? Something tells me you might.....

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Those are great!
Question, do you know Zack from Frets in Westerly? Something tells me you might.....

I don't know if you were asking me or Grot, but I've talked to Zack. I bought a guitar from someone in Westerly who referred me to him.

cupric

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes! Either of you! Lol. Zack knows more about Guilds than anyone I know. He is a great Tech too. And he often has many Guilds in his shop. I think there's a pic of him in Hans book.
AND he's a great guy!

DrumBob

Reaction score
I'll admit that it's not the most graceful looking thing out there, but it's cool because it's a prototype. Also, I think it's pretty clear why it only stayed as a prototype. :)

I can clearly see why it never went beyond prototype status. :chargrined:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
the damage on that guitar is not so bad. looks like the wood on the body, under and behind the bridge, needs to be filled and touched up...but look at the points/corners on that body and the points on the headstock-they look mint. the control plate, the fretboard, logo etc...to only have touch up the body in the bridge area on this beast- is not so bad.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guild-X97V-Top.jpg

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Boy, I'm a sucker for that sparkle. I saw a SFIV in that sparkle, back in the day.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
This may be the grimiest guitar I've ever encountered. I had to go over the entire body with Naptha repeatedly because it was just icky. I don't think it had ever been cleaned.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just wrapping up all the threads about the X97V.

Here is GAD and I making the final exchange of the X97V in the parking lot of an un-disclosed Diner in the wilds of North Jersey.

IMG_6325C_zpsnoszyhwh.png

It will now be entombed in the Guilds of Grot vault available for viewing by invitation or request only.