DV-52 Pickguard

Mingus

Reaction score
Hey all! I'd been a few years since i've posted on here. Any old-timers around who remember my DV-52 finish checking saga? Bought it 10 years ago from guildzilla (you still here, buddy?) and I haven't played it much in the past few years. The finish checking still bothers me and, to this day, I haven't had a single other guitar shipped in the winter time. Anyhow, I want to clean this guitar up a bit and one thing that always bothered be is the oversized replacement pickguard. I had bought a DV-53 pickguard to replace it but lost it in my move that year. BUMMER! Anyway, I found a D-25 pickguard and wondered if anyone who has both guitars could measure the pickguard and see how they stack up size-wise? It's too expensive to "take a chance" ($40 plus shipping!!), but I can't seem to find another source anymore. Conversely, if anyone has a lead on a DV-52 pickguard, i'm all ears!

QO3jCIG.png

-James

geoguy

Reaction score
Welcome back . . . may I make another suggestion?

A guitar repair-person made a replacement pickguard for me a couple of years ago, at nominal cost. The guard I wanted to replace had shrunk. He traced the old guard, & cut out a new guard that was a few thousandths of an inch larger than his tracing (to cover the area exposed by shrinkage), then installed it for me.

Pretty slick, imo. Perhaps a repair shop in your area could do the same for you.

Mingus

Reaction score
Welcome back . . . may I make another suggestion?

A guitar repair-person made a replacement pickguard for me a couple of years ago, at nominal cost. The guard I wanted to replace had shrunk. He traced the old guard, & cut out a new guard that was a few thousandths of an inch larger than his tracing (to cover the area exposed by shrinkage), then installed it for me.

Pretty slick, imo. Perhaps a repair shop in your area could do the same for you.

It's a possiblity, but he would have to trace a guard on one of my other guilds. As the one on my DV-52 is already a replacement and is not the correct shape.

-James