Hats Off to Alembic and Make-A-Wish

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
From Alembic's Facebook page:

"Make-A-Wish coordinated a dream bass for Joe. Guild donated the bass and we modified the instrument to echo Phil Lesh's Big Brown bass with a removable Bird's-eye Maple front plate and Alembic pickups and electronics. As a bonus, Ron Wickersham and Mica Thomas drove the bass down to Terrapin Crossroads where Phil signed the inside of the electronics cavity. This made the bass even more special."

Props to Guild and Phil Lesh for their part in the effort too. Really makes me want to own an Alembic, but every one I've tried to this point were 11 pounds plus!

30711138_10156484553919548_2267618186826350592_n.jpg

30741466_10156484553929548_8196477341002629120_n.jpg

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice! That kid maybe read one too many LTG posts haa...but look at him now! what a bass! between Mgod, Harry, Edwin, and several others, it is tempting to make one of those a reality. that thing looks killer

Last edited:

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I see he's standing in front of a Make-A-Wish New Jersey banner. I took a look at they're website but didn't see anything about this story.

My band NIGHT SHIFT played a benefit a couple of years ago for Make-A-Wish, New Jersey. We were able to send a family to Disney World.

Last edited:

Mr. Lumbergh

Reaction score
Good on everyone involved with this story.
I see he's standing in front of a Make-A-Wish New Jersey banner. I took a look at there website but didn't see anything about this story.

My band NIGHT SHIFT played a benefit a couple of years ago for Make-A-Wish, New Jersey. We were able to send a family to Disney World.
And good on you, too. It's nice to see a positive story every once in a while, the news is filled with too much of the other lately.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
This Thursday NIGHT SHIFT will be providing the live music for The ARC of Ocean County's, Rock the Night Dinner & Dancing event.

http://www.arcocean.org/what_you_can_do/events/2018-dinner-dance.html

We play two or three benefits a year. This year then happen to be back-to-back as we just played at the Stone Pony for EarthShare, NJ

Good for you Kurt!

The guitarist in my band has raised over $1.5 million dollars for St. Jude through Golf outings and musical events. I have been proud to participate in almost all of them, which landed me on the stage of BB King's in Times Square for the St. Jude national convention. It was an honor and a privilege to do every single one of them. We've also done outings for Darryl Strawberry's Autism charity and the Crohn's/Colitis Foundation. Not a great way to make money, but very rewarding in so many other ways!

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Very Cool! Sandy... thanks for the update and photos. And a salute to the LTG'ers who make time in their schedules to play benefit concerts! :loyal:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I see he's standing in front of a Make-A-Wish New Jersey banner. I took a look at there website but didn't see anything about this story.

I agree! Well played Kurt.... well played!! :encouragement: