Badly in need of posting about MY NGD...

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
...but first, I have to find the NG that really grabs me. I'm pretty happy with the current crew, FWIW, but this group knows itchy when you feel it. A broken leg gives you time to think.

AKpy7d.jpg

This was the last one (the box it came in anyway) that I reported and I believe it was an F30 that didn't fit the bill, for some reason. Probably just me but who knows?

So, yes, I'm shopping. :courage:

Joe

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ah, but for what?
We can rule out a D, leaning toward GF or an F or something along the lines of OO or OOO.
Smaller body, wide nut, etc. Mahogany suits me just fine.

I've seen a couple of ______ s that appeal to me, but I'm paying attention to the point where I'll actually know it when I see it/feel it.
No impulsive shopper this time around.
:courage:

Joe

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Joe, it's what we've talked about in an earlier post. Guild is AWESOME!! But the sun does rise and set BEYOND Guild!! Those OS (over seas) Breedloves?? OMG!! There are TWO local players that sound SO GOOD..... and they're like ... $500 guitars. They sound nice!! I'm so sorry about the leg.... but trust me... when your $hit gives out.... you get a little bit better at the elbow time..... am I right??

Blessings, amigo!! :encouragement:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hola Tomas!
I've looked at Breedloves and I like them...as a matter of fact, there's a dealer just four blocks away. But for some reason, I've been curious about a couple of Larrivee models. Finding one that I can play and also fits into my budget might be another matter, though.

*As the Elbow Bends...a new soap on CBS! :biggrin-new:

Take care,
Jose

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"As the elbow bends" indeed, Joe. :)

There's just a crazy amount of wonderful guitars out there. The great thing about the Guilds is that they're still relatively inexpensive in the used market. I hope you find something that grabs you, preferably here on LTG. :)

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
There's just a crazy amount of wonderful guitars out there. The great thing about the Guilds is that they're still relatively inexpensive in the used market. I hope you find something that grabs you, preferably here on LTG. :)
LTG remains one of the best places for 'something that grabs you' IMHO. There are other places for that, but probably not suited for this forum. :victorious:

Thanks,
Joe

Grassdog

Reaction score
But for some reason, I've been curious about a couple of Larrivee models. Finding one that I can play and also fits into my budget might be another matter, though.

I'd recommend you audition a Larrivee OM-3 or OM-3R. Those are really nice.