Chilly and chili

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, the weather is ugly in SW Michigan today - ice & snow, 30 mph winds, good day to stay inside!

Fortunately, I have some nice cold IPA's and all the ingredients for my famous Never-The-Same-Twice chili! Today's chili includes 2# ground sirloin, 1# bratwurst, multiple peppers, onions, tomatoes, tomatillos, lime, cilantro, etc., etc.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Warm and storms in South today but that Chilly recipe gotta be good wherever it is served.

5thumbs

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
OK, sounds great! So fork out the recipe details, huh? Some of us need help producing edibles. You know, step by step...

My stomach thanks you.

Reaction score
Wow, the weather is ugly in SW Michigan today - ice & snow, 30 mph winds, good day to stay inside!

Fortunately, I have some nice cold IPA's and all the ingredients for my famous Never-The-Same-Twice chili! Today's chili includes 2# ground sirloin, 1# bratwurst, multiple peppers, onions, tomatoes, tomatillos, lime, cilantro, etc., etc.

I'm all in on the craft beer movement (have been for years) and IPA's are at the top of my list. Chili recipe sounds dang good too.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just remember - my chili will never contain any beans! And it should have several different varieties of peppers for the best taste. And lots of meat of course.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Just remember - my chili will never contain any beans! And it should have several different varieties of peppers for the best taste. And lots of meat of course.
"Beans, beans the musical fruit..." and you know the rest.
I always think of the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles when I think of beans. :biggrin-new:

Joe

Kitarkus

Reaction score
That is the perfect Sunday...I love it when that happens. Snow fell here in KC last night too...just a bit more than a dusting....but cold and wind chills given the time of year...very strange. 80 degrees one day and snow the next...go figure.

docfishr

Reaction score
There is no finer nectar in the galaxie than a well crafted IPA.
Combined with a well crafted chili and that sounds like heaven.
Going in.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Usually I use 2/3 ground sirloin and 1/3 breakfast sausage for the meat base, but I've also been known to use cubed steak and or pork tenderloin. I don't use chili powder or other spices, other than salt and coarse ground black pepper. The flavor comes from using a variety of different fresh peppers, the more variety, the better. I also like to use tomatillos and liberal amounts of fresh lime juice and cilantro.

doc, what's your favorite IPA currently? There are 3 that I really like a lot - Founders Centennial, Perrin Brewing 98 Problems, and Shorts Brewing Co. HumaLupaLicious, funny name but outstanding IPA.

Went to see Jethro Tull awhile back and at the venue they had a kiosk set up selling tall ice-cold cans of 98 Problems. What a great concert.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It sounds good to me, but I think the weather would slow me down. A LOT!! When I put beans in chili I mash them up, so it just kinda blends in with all the other stuff. You can't really tell they're beans but they're good!!

Oh hell, now I want chili....... :very_drunk:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Some of the best chili I ever had was in Germany, made in the PX snack bar by German women.
It was always better than anything served in the battalion mess hall right upstairs. :biggrin-new:

Joe