1973 Guild D-25 Neck

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I need a new neck for my Guild D-25.
Is there a place on-line to go to find vintage Guild parts?

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob; welcome aboard!
In all my time here I don't recall ever seeing anyplace "dedicated" to that or even a site with a "section" for full assemblies for repair work. A neck with its fretboard and truss rod would be a complete subassembly.
I don't think Guild routinely made replacements of complete necks for that purpose but we have occasionally seen leftover factory parts become available on a onesy-twosy basis.
IF you're looking for originality the year of make will become relevant because the headstock shape changed in '87, and what kind of faceplate (if any) was used varied over time as well.
Beyond that I could see hidden pitfalls related to the size of the dovetail and the heelblock it was intended to mate to over the years.
Best suggestion, if anybody's actually got any, is our member Hans Moust:
http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/
But I suspect what you're going to have to look for is a "donor" guitar whose body's worthless but still has a usable neck.
Depending on the era D25's shared necks with D35's, D4's, D15/16/17, and probably a couple of others I've forgotten if I ever knew.
D25's (and those others) never got chesterfields and sometimes had simple silkscreen printed logos.
The pearloid logo was inlaid in a black faceplate used on "Natural" tops, but not sure exactly when that started, think it was same time the "snakehead" shape was introduced in '87.
Also there was a period when no face plate was used on guitars with stains like Woodgrain Red, and for most of D4 production as well.

geoguy

Reaction score
Welcome to LTG . . .

You need an entire neck for your guitar? Maybe if you found a D-25 with a trashed body you could buy it for the "donor" neck.

Otherwise you might simply want to consider looking for a new guitar.

By the way, you might want to ask one of the moderators (or maybe the forum owner) to help change your screen name to something other than your email address!

edit: despite my brevity, Al posted while I was still typing. :)

Last edited:

fredpamm

Reaction score
What's wrong with your neck I just had mine leveled and re fretted and it plays great.

Last edited: