• no

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Our son is graduating from college. Should I give him the DV-52 for a graduation present? I just got it all spiffed up with a K&K pure mini system. He played it in his high school graduation photos.

SLEbIPI.jpg

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
By all means--a fine looking young man. You must be soooooooo proud of him. He will love it!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I thought it might be cheesy to give as a gift because he's going to inherit it someday anyway...but then again, why wait, right?

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I thought it might be cheesy to give as a gift because he's going to inherit it someday anyway...but then again, why wait, right?

If you can let it go, I think you both will enjoy it more if he has it as a gift. It probably means more to him that it is a gift and not just an inheritance.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
If you can let it go, I think you both will enjoy it more if he has it as a gift. It probably means more to him that it is a gift and not just an inheritance.

+1 - well put, frono!

walrus

Antney

Reaction score
Absolutely give it too him. You might want to give him a strap too!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
i think u already gave him the guitar, the moment that photo was taken

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
A treasured gift given from the heart means far more than the "estate distribution" scenario. I am sure he will still share and you double the joy when you can play together. And as an added benefit, it becomes GAS time to acquire a replacement!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well the D-25M has been my main axe for 42 years and quite frankly, I'd have a harder time giving that one away!

Steve, we were jamming the other day, he was on the DV-52 and I was playing the mandolin, we did Zeppelin's "Goin' To California" among others. The kid has gotten pretty accomplished on the guitar, and he prefers to play acoustic. Like they say "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, looks like it's unanimous!

Matt will be pleased, this is a lifetime guitar.

Ah, now for a new mandolin for the old Dreadmeister...

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Well the D-25M has been my main axe for 42 years and quite frankly, I'd have a harder time giving that one away!

Steve, we were jamming the other day, he was on the DV-52 and I was playing the mandolin, we did Zeppelin's "Goin' To California" among others. The kid has gotten pretty accomplished on the guitar, and he prefers to play acoustic. Like they say "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Very cool. I gave one of my sons an Alvarez and small amp a number of year ago. He still has it, though my impression he doesn't play it much. But you never know.
RC

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I think he will be extremely happy to own that DV52 Dread, Especially as a gift from his dad. That will make it all the more special every time he plays it. Great Choice! Now what kind of Mandolin are you going to look at?

TX

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
TX, man I would love a recent Collings "A" style or a '20's "A" Gibson.