You people are no darned good!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Lady's Fryes. New 1975 +/- Ladies 9. I have small feet. Stop there, please.

Similar pair. Men's 8. Too lazy to check the brand.

Somewhat to my amusement, the former might command a couple hundred dollars.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Really! None of you had a pair of these in the 70's?

$_35.JPG

They're awesome for rocking Guild pedals!

Last edited:

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Frono = Cinderella methinks. I have images of the missus riding through the kingdom, searching for the man who can wear those boots.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Lady's Fryes. New 1975 +/- Ladies 9. I have small feet. Stop there, please.
OK

Similar pair. Men's 8. Too lazy to check the brand.
Somewhat to my amusement, the former might command a couple hundred dollars.
Man those might even be outperforming vintage Converses for investment grade collectible footwear:
s-l225.jpg

$900.00
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1940s-50s-...870197?hash=item467a4235b5:g:7oIAAOSwIzBaytOR

Or for those just looking to get in the door, $199.00 for purported '80's vintage:
s-l225.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-CO...065823?hash=item4b3fed55df:g:zYIAAOSwR-VayKmE

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Really! None of you had a pair of these in the 70's?

$_35.JPG

They're awesome for rocking Guild pedals!

Yep, they were de rigueur when I was in middle school! Platforms, that is. I was a mere acoustic strummer at the time…the only pedals I had were on my Schwinn 10-speed. ;)

-Dave-

matsickma

Reaction score
Had a pair of blue suede platforms...jacked me up over 6'5"....and bell bottoms to boot!

That experiance gave me a greater appreciation for what woman deal with when wearing high heals!
Went back to my Converse for every other occasionally other that hitting a disco club to meet the ladies!
M

mellowgerman

Reaction score
What a thread! I had the siren/surf/wah pedal when I first started playing, though it was branded "Morley" I think. Not a good wah by any means and a premium selection of two styes of warbling white noise to choose from. The siren was neat but I never found a use for it. You click the button once it starts going up in pitch (indefinitely?) until you click it again and it goes back down. I think I let a buddy borrow it back in high school and never got it back.
I never owned cool platform shoes or boots and I may be past the point in my life where I would buy and sport them if I came across a pair that fit... two or three years ago, definitely would have rocked them on-stage in the haze of psych rock exploration (though even then I don't think I would have had a use for the siren/surf/wah)