Leftie Starfire IV - looking for informations

Rabatavus

Reaction score
Kemper is excellent at what it does. Profiling amps. But it lacks a bit in pre and post effects, especially when compared to axe fx.
I pulled the trigger on a set of 59 JBs yesterday for my ibanez. And I'll keep searching for SD1 pickups. Heck if I find a righty guild in a bad shape with those pickups I might buy it and swap the pickups and resell it at a lower price...
Yup chasing tone windmills here :tongue-new:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Special thanks to GAD for the link to your blog... What I understood from that article is that these must be either SD1s or seymour duncan 59/jb in his guitar.
Can anyone help me confirm that?
IMG_20180412_003625.jpg

is this your (mirror image) left handed SF-4 with the year 2000 serial number? if so, you may need to confirm the pickups by removing them and posting photos of their back sides. by 2000 typically it would be Fender pickups, but since this is a lefty, it may have sat for a while or something, or somehow just have those Duncan SD-1s. it could have Fender pickups with the connector plate underneath, maybe?

also, the "90s" SF-4/5/6 are 1/4 inch skinnier in the body than prior vintage, and subsequent series' reissues. To find a left handed one with that sunburst, *and* the Duncan's (especially in 2000), without a pickguard (or any holes for one)...is an extremely good find! You will never find another one identical to that, left handed. Even with the pickguard that is a one in a million find (to clarify, I personally prefer "no pickguard" and most SF's have one...but that is a personal thing and does not affect value, etc. it is nice to find one with no pg, and no holes for one...but this is minor, minor stuff...)

Rabatavus

Reaction score
Hello Mavuser, the guitar on this picture is not mine, I posted pictures of my guitar in the following post.