The Song Title Game

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Young Man Blues--Who's version

such a great Isle of Wright jam. I have it on Live at Leeds as well, one of my all time fave Who album. My cool uncle bought that one for me. that post My Generation jam is most likely why I even play guitar, period. i mean a kid at 13 just jumping up and down to that for days, how can you not want to play guitar? the it was Who's Next tape my Mom bought me in spring of 1980. I still remember being confused at the synth part at the beginning of Baba, and nearly stopped the tape as I did not like it at first, but then i heard that first bass note, glad i hung in there and toughed it out :)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I still remember being confused at the synth part at the beginning of Baba, and nearly stopped the tape as I did not like it at first, but then i heard that first bass note, glad i hung in there and toughed it out :)
For many years I assumed it was a synthesizer too, but guess what?
It's actually a Lowrey organ:
' "Baba O'Riley"'s backing track was derived from the Lifehouse concept, where Townshend wanted to input the vital signs and personality of Meher Baba into a synthesiser, which would then generate music based on that data. When this idea fell through, Townshend instead recorded a Lowrey Berkshire Deluxe TBO-1 organ using its marimba repeat feature as the backing track.[8] This modal approach was inspired by the work of minimalist composer Terry Riley.'

We now return to "the Song Title Game", in progress.
Young Man Blues--Who's version
"I'm A Man" -Chicago version from their debut album.
:friendly_wink:

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Wonder Wall--Oasis

HD_100943286_01.jpg

The one that begat all progeny.