The Song Title Game

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
More VEER.......
I stand corrected steve...I actually wondered about that when I posted it...

In fact, I'm sitting.

We could have taken a seriously bad veer and gone to Leonard Nimoy and then William Shattner....... that would be a veer off a cliff (and not like Arlo's Motorcycle Song either)....
Now please return to your regularly scheduled program with "real" music

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Mary Mary," The Monkees

https://youtu.be/AMNize7s8nc

"
Mary, Mary
" is a song written by
Michael Nesmith
. It was first recorded by
The Butterfield Blues Band
for their 1966 album,
East-West
The Monkees
, featuring Nesmith, would later record the song themselves.

On July 25, 1966, Nesmith produced and recorded the song for The Monkees at Western Recorders in Hollywood, California. Micky Dolenz sang lead, and Mike used the crack group of session musicians known as The Wrecking Crew to beef up their sound, including; James Burton, Glen Campbell, Al Casey, Hal Blaine, Jim Gordon, Michael Deasy and Larry Knechtel. Their version was released on the album More of the Monkees in 1967. The Monkees' "Mary Mary" was not released as a single in the USA in the 1960s,[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] although it was given away as a cut-out cereal box prize in 1969.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Mary Mary," The Monkees

"
Mary, Mary
" is a song written by
Michael Nesmith
for their 1966 album,
East-West
The Monkees

On July 25, 1966, Nesmith produced and recorded the song for The Monkees at Western Recorders in Hollywood, California. Micky Dolenz sang lead, and Mike used the crack group of session musicians known as The Wrecking Crew to beef up their sound, including; James Burton, Glen Campbell, Al Casey, Hal Blaine, Jim Gordon, Michael Deasy and Larry Knechtel. Their version was released on the album More of the Monkees in 1967. The Monkees' "Mary Mary" was not released as a single in the USA in the 1960s,[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] although it was given away as a cut-out cereal box prize in 1969.

Mary Had A Little Lamb - Buddy Guy

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
"Mary Mary," The Monkees

"
Mary, Mary
" is a song written by
Michael Nesmith
for their 1966 album,
East-West
The Monkees

Oh man, I remember those records on the back of cereal boxes. I think Bobby Sherman had a few, too. And they actually played!

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"Mary Mary," The Monkees

"
Mary, Mary
" is a song written by
Michael Nesmith
for their 1966 album,
East-West
The Monkees

I knew that.
:glee:
( http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sh...ow-They-Used-To-Do-It/page2&highlight=Monkees , post #12)

Last edited:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
(random trivia - The Scaffold was led by Mike McGear, properly known as Peter McCartney - Paul's brother...)

"Hangin' On A Limb" - Neil Young

walrus

Hang On Sloopy - McCoys

Last edited: