NGD - Mark VI Artist Special (restoration)

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats!

Is that a sheepdog I see? :)

BTW, GAD, yes, that is a sheepdog, but it's a toy... Long story about my favorite dog growing up being "Rufus" our neighbor's sheepdog and my sister buying me this Rufus look-alike years ago. Rufus-2 guards the guitars!!!

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Chazmo

Rufus II seems to have his own toy, that looks like Rufus III - or what do I see on first picture on right beeehind that Martin box ( of which we haven´t received an inside picture to judge the quality .. . )

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Chazmo

Rufus II seems to have his own toy, that looks like Rufus III - or what do I see on first picture on right beeehind that Martin box ( of which we haven´t received an inside picture to judge the quality .. . )

Exceptionally good eyes, Nuuska. As for the Martin box, I'll see if Rufus II or Rufus III wants to have a look later:

Jbd0QTB.jpg

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Man what is it lwith buying guitars this week ? Lol
I ordered one myself be 2 months before I see it lol

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
img_2986.jpg

LUUMU says HI to both Rufus

But he really came here with my F212CSB to show the wound octave-A string.
And as you can see, there´s no octave-G for reason it being too loud w amp.
My F512 has different pic-up and octave-G is in balance.
Strings were originally B-1250 - according to my markings

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
img_2986.jpg

LUUMU says HI to both Rufus

But he really came here with my F212CSB to show the wound octave-A string.
And as you can see, there´s no octave-G for reason it being too loud w amp.
My F512 has different pic-up and octave-G is in balance.
Strings were originally B-1250 - according to my markings

Did you check to make sure the saddle is properly leveled on the bottom ? If the pick up is under saddle that is .

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Did you check to make sure the saddle is properly leveled on the bottom ? If the pick up is under saddle that is .

Hi

I was referring to soundhole pick-up, that I added to all my guitars - I use DiMarzio on all others but 212 has much lower bridge so the strings are too close to top for DiMarzio - I have George L´s

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First post (page 1) now has the obligatory pix. :) :) I'll try to take some Guild family pictures sometime over the next few days.

By the way Tom, the binding work is spectacular. What materials did you use. Incredibly beautiful (and subtle).

Last edited:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
All right! Charlie, I'm just glad to see that it arrived into your hands safe and sound. Although I pack them all with the best of care, I worry about them until they arrive. Kind of like when the 16-year old offspring is out driving at night for the first hundred times or so.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All right! Charlie, I'm just glad to see that it arrived into your hands safe and sound. Although I pack them all with the best of care, I worry about them until they arrive. Kind of like when the 16-year old offspring is out driving at night for the first hundred times or so.

Thank you so much, Dave. You guys really brought a tear to my eye this morning. What a special day for me. :)

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
First post (page 1) now has the obligatory pix. :) :) I'll try to take some Guild family pictures sometime over the next few days.

By the way Tom, the binding work is spectacular. What materials did you use. Incredibly beautiful (and subtle).

It's all wood, Charlie. The black & white is ebony and maple, and the outer layer is cocobolo.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's all wood, Charlie. The black & white is ebony and maple, and the outer layer is cocobolo.

That is very cool Dave. I'm sure not OEM, but very cool indeed. I might have gotten into a bidding war with Charlie on this one if I wasn't still busy chasing that Starfire II Bass in Georgia down!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
congrats on the acquisition! you have nice taste! Jacobs is lights out, again...