NGD - Mark VI Artist Special (restoration)

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a tease as the Mark acclimates. And no -- sorry Martin fans -- that's not a Martin in there. :) [edit: box picture in next Chazmo post]

See http://letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?195639-Guild-Mark-VI-Artist-Special-Restoration for the whole story.

By the way, the guitar sounds absolutely wonderful. I don't do soundclips, but all I can say is that it's rich and balanced. I can only compare it to my mahogany Favilla and this guitar has much more "rumble" in the low end and overall power/volume. Just, wow!

The majestic headstock with wonderful Schaller jewelry (that work really well, by the way):
VEsKLEd.jpg

Here's "Mark" in all his glory:
J1xA5ce.jpg

BrN7hlK.jpg

SCh5r6z.jpg

Vfat0PD.jpg

lARQ64B.jpg

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mark VI Artist Special, Stu. But I'll give it the full treatment when it joins the herd.

Here's the box picture:
EsZw0nK.jpg

Last edited:

beecee

Reaction score
Ok, why the humidifier next to the box? Are you trying to ease it's entry into the world...kind of like water birthing?

Btw, been interested in getting a humidifier, what model is that?

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I can't wait! (And don't forget to look in the case compartment. :courage:)

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, why the humidifier next to the box? Are you trying to ease it's entry into the world...kind of like water birthing?

Btw, been interested in getting a humidifier, what model is that?

Hahahaha... I hadn't thought of that beecee... Does that make me a midwife? :)

I just put the box in my guitar room, that's all. My humidifier has been running all winter, as is necessary here in Massachusetts with my baseboard heating system in the house. My guitars are all (now) safely away from the baseboards, but the room still gets very dry in those months.

It's a Honeywell, beecee, not sure of the model. Works great. It uses replaceable filters that are easy to install, which I need to do about twice a winter. In the heart of winter, I have to fill it every day.

Dave, I can't wait either. :) It's been a really tough week too, so this is truly a blessing right now. The Mark's box was outside in the cold for a few hours yesterday after delivery to my house, so I'm going slow here. Probably remove the case from the box tonight, and then open her up tomorrow mid-day-ish.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome News Chazmo, Can't wait to hear your report on this little jewel!

TX

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Really happy that this super cool guitar found such a great home! Play it in good health.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Looking forward to pics of the new baby, chazmo!

walrus

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
We also eagerly wish to see picture of inside of emty box to verify Martin box quality.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, guys. I received it as a gift from Guild back in NH at one of our LMG gatherings. I'm keeping it my friends. :) :)

(and you are a nice guy, Richard, but there are limits to my generosity. :) )