Info about CE100 SB

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm looking for some information about my CE100 SB, which has the serial number 46892. From the "Dating Your Guild" document, I believe this makes it a 1970, but just trying to verify that.

I'm also looking for any additional info about this guitar, which seems to be in really cherry condition for its age.

- Would this model have the Franz pickup, or a DeArmond, or some other Guild humbucker? How can you tell?

- I'm assuing this was made in Westerly assuming it was made in 1970, but the label doesn't have a factory name.

Anything else about this guitar would be useful to me. I'm considering selling this. I purchased it at Guitar Center several years ago.

I don't seem to have permission to post photos, or else I don't know how to, but would be happy to post them if I could.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jeff

matsickma

Reaction score
Hi bluetone,
What does the pickups look like? Your right at the crossover time between the mini anti-hum pups and the larger HB-1's. I wouldn't think you would have single coil Franz or DeArmonds on that year.
M

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some information about my CE100 SB, which has the serial number 46892. From the "Dating Your Guild" document, I believe this makes it a 1970, but just trying to verify that.

Hello Jeff,

According to what I have in my database your guitar was completed toward the end of the year 1970.

I'm also looking for any additional info about this guitar, which seems to be in really cherry condition for its age.

- Would this model have the Franz pickup, or a DeArmond, or some other Guild humbucker? How can you tell?

- I'm assuing this was made in Westerly assuming it was made in 1970, but the label doesn't have a factory name.

Your guitar should have a Guild HB-1 humbucker in the fingerboard position and yes, it was made in Westerly, RI. The label without the location of the plant was introduced during the second half of the year 1970; the transfer of Guild production from Hoboken, NJ to Westerly, RI was already completed during 1969.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That is a beauty, blue! Looks to be in excellent condition, too!

walrus

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
wow that thing is looking killer queen cosmetically. and 1970 rules for Guild. amazing piece!