Texas Music Legend Walt Wilkins

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Last year, while on an extended stay in Fredericksburg, Texas, Mrs. West and I drove out to Comfort, Tx. for a way of of the way hole in the wall diner we'd heard of on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. On the way back, out in the middle of nowhere, we saw a sign directing us to Luckenbach (we'd been there many times, but this was spur of the moment)...we headed that way :). We sat under the oaks with an icey cold Corona and listened to this guy play for a couple hours. I've become a fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39yeQliCpYw

West

Last edited:

F312

Reaction score
Nice Jim, my DVR is already setup for all LSR shows.

Ralph

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Walt Wilkins is a Really cool Cat. I went to a songwriter seminar he put on here in Houston some years ago and ran into him several times out on the road with my band. I love his music and Pat Green / Cory Morrow / Roger Creager / Stoney Larue / Wade Bowen's early stuff. Walt is one of my Favorite Texas Song writers and a hell of a performer as well. Can't beat an outdoor concert with with a Ice Cold Corona and Walt Playing, especially in Luckenbach!

TX

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Those are great performers you mention TX. I go all the way back to Steven Fromholz, B.W. Stevenson, Rusty Weir and so on. We used to have the largest dance hall in Texas up here long ago, a place called the Reo Palm Isle. I've seen both Waylon and Willie there long ago. Another favorite stop is always Gruene Hall. Not sure anyone noticed Walt's JF55.....it's one of the reasons I posted this here.

West

Walt Wilkins is a Really cool Cat. I went to a songwriter seminar he put on here in Houston some years ago and ran into him several times out on the road with my band. I love his music and Pat Green / Cory Morrow / Roger Creager / Stoney Larue / Wade Bowen's early stuff. Walt is one of my Favorite Texas Song writers and a hell of a performer as well. Can't beat an outdoor concert with with a Ice Cold Corona and Walt Playing, especially in Luckenbach!

TX

Last edited: