My unique Guild

Reaction score
I have a 1972 / 73 Starfire IV black stereo Guild. To the best of my knowledge that they did not make a black Black Starfire in stereo. Can anybody help me determine if this was a custom-made instrument.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I have a 1972 / 73 Starfire IV black stereo Guild. To the best of my knowledge that they did not make a black Black Starfire in stereo. Can anybody help me determine if this was a custom-made instrument.

Hello Bguildau,

Welcome! During that particular period 'Black' was a standard color and 'Stereo Wiring' was a regular option, so 'Custom-made' would not be the correct description. It's probably safe to say that not too many Starfire IVs were made in that configuration. As a matter of fact, any Guild with the 'Stereo' option is somewhat rare.

If you post the serial number, I should be able to tell you if your Starfire IV is from 1972 or 1973.

Would love to see the guitar, so try to post some photos after you've figured out how that works on this forum.

And by the way, this is not really the right section for your posting, but I expect one of the moderators to take care of that!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl