What is Your Guitar Bucket List?

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My buck list can change based on what I read and the quality demos I see online.

The list:

Guild D-55 . That one is checked off
Guild F-512. Need to find money
Ovation Adamas. Not sure which, and there are so many models. Deep bowl for sure.
A nice redwood topped guitar. Perhaps a Lowden with one, but Breedlove has made some too. I just like the moodier sounds of redwood and cedar.
A killer solid body electric
A killer semi-hollow or hollow electric

I can't give any details about the last two because I don't know enough, yet, to know what they are.

mellowgerman

Reaction score
okay I'll play :)

Vintage Starfire bass with dual bisonics --- CHECK

nice 335/starfire style electric --- CHECK (via late 70's MIJ copy)

1988 G&L L-2000 bass (as birthyear bass) --- stand by!

Alembic Series One bass --- maybe never, but who knows

Guild F-50R --- maybe never, but who knows

archtop acoustic (that plays as nice as the Kay that got away) --- stand by!

Guild Mark classical (that plays as nice as my old Yamaha) --- stand by!

HONORARY MENTION, though not a guitar: Fender Rhodes Mark I --- someday!

bobouz

Reaction score
Pretty lucky in that I've been able to pick up virtually everything I've been lusting after in the past ten years or so.

The capper may have come about a month ago, in the form of a NOS 2015 Gibson J-50 custom shop model. Glorious tone, perfect neck for me, and in mint condition. Kind of head over heels with this one.

Too much of a realist to say for sure that I'm completely done, but the bucket list is currently empty!

matsickma

Reaction score
Over the years I tried so many different Guilds and GAS has left me with more guitars than I really want. The trick for me is to decide what to keep and what to sell. Being someone who just loves the way guitars look I often have a problem "thinning the heard" because they look so cool. At the moment I can't think of a guitar model to add to my bucket list but I probably would think a D55 and a good acoustic 12-string would be my choice.
M

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guild M-30 Del Rio
Guild Starfire XII
Guild Artist Award (not mortgage money, but certainly liquidation money)
Guild A-350
Guild Starfire II (early dynasonic version)
Gibson Les Paul Custom ‘54 (with the Alnico V Staple pup; probably have to settle for one of the reissues, which are pricey enough on their own)

I’m sure I’ll be picking up some others before I can find/afford the marquee items.
Guild M-30 Del Rio
Guild Starfire XII
Guild Artist Award (not mortgage money, but certainly liquidation money)
Guild A-350 ~ Check!
Guild Starfire II (early dynasonic version)
Gibson Les Paul Custom ‘54 (with the Alnico V Staple pup)

merlin6666

Reaction score
I used to have dream guitars many years ago and I gave up on the dreams. Then I just bought some guitars and ended up with several (two Orpheums and an Adamas) that are way beyond my dreams. So what would tickle my fancy now is a six string ukulele, ideally a KoAloha or a Kamaka.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Richard, I spied a D-100 in the used rack at Elderly Instruments a few years back - be still my beating heart - I reached out and gingerly picked it up - it was a damn LEFTY! AAARRRGGGHHH!

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
Simple guy - simple needs....token electric = Squire Strat; token six string = D150, primary 12 string Yamaha FG230 (1970 - now semi retired), new primary 12 string G312. What is missing you ask - an all hog 12 string D15-12 or D17-12 or thereabouts. After that you just need duplicates in alternate tunings.
Happy Weekend!!!

tommym

Reaction score
The onset of arthritis has really upset the apple cart, so all of my previous bucket list Guild guitars are no longer viable. My Guild F30R Standard will truthfully be my last Guild guitar, as it is my most comfortable Guild to date, and is a pretty nice way for me to end my run on Guilds. I got my first Guild F30 in 1973. That being said, I now have only one guitar left on my bucket list, and that is a Froggy Bottom H14 Deluxe.

Tommy

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
A Chris Bozung Dread with Engleman top and Brazilian Rosewood sides in SB. Of course should I run across one with AAA Sitka top doubt I could turn it down. Been gathering a few duplicate Guild Dreads at very good prices to sell locally (shipping scares the begibees out of me). Am getting close..

johnreardon

Reaction score
I achieved my bucket list a while ago and over the last couple of years I have been trimming my stuff down. Now left with 16 guitars, mainly Gibson Les Pauls

Fender American Standard Strat
Gibson
ES-335
Les Paul Standard, Historic 56, Historic 57, Historic 58, Historic 59, Historic 59, Historic 60, Historic 60, Les Paul Joe Bonamassa, Les Paul Catalina
Guild Starfire III
Hamer Cruise Bass
Taylor 812CE
Trussart Steelcaster

If there was one guitar I could get hold of again, it would be my old Slim Jim I stupidly sold in the late 60s. But that would be for sentimental reasons. My Newark St Starfire III is an excellent substitute

734849_110710362440962_288973374_n.jpg

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
a nice pedal steel guitar with a Fender amp biggger than my apartment

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Since this thread started I broke my "already have too much" barrier by getting a pair of lovely Gibsons: a '58 ES-350T and a '64 SG Special. But I did partial trades in both cases, giving up guitars along with cash for the two additions. So I now have fewer instruments than six months ago! The SG in particular is a killer.

-Dave-

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I keep telling my cousin he ought to give me his '58 Les Paul Jr. Jr. His Grampa bought it new for him when he was 10 years old. Gibson's entry level electric, $120.00 which was still a good chunk of change in '58. He's got the original amp too.

i4TggvN.jpg

HNdNYkV.jpg

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
With my last H & D, pretty much have everything I could ever need...that said, there is a certain hankering for guitars I saw when growing up and could never get...a mid-60's Fender Jazzmaster in CAR (reissue will do, in fact my MIM Jaguar really should be scratching this itch), Default's Starfire III with the P-90's (which sort of looks like the guitar you were afraid your father would come home with for you in 1967), maybe a "real" Guild Polara...but I am a sucker for amps, even though I mostly play acoustic...Fender blackface Deluxe or Vibrolux (note no reverb, single 12" speaker), and the most holiest of my grails, a mid-60's Epiphone Zephyr (two channels, two 10" speakers, grey with top forward panel)...the amps my band rented for our first ever gig in...uh...1966 or '67.

crank

Reaction score
I always wanted a full-bling jumbo Guild 12-string; picked up my new, New Hartford 412 in 2014. Bucket list of 1 complete!

If I am feeling flush I might look for a Gretsch Duo Jet. And a decent nylon string acoustic. And.... no really I am not a collector and no much of a GASser, just an avid player, and the 3 electrics and 4 acoustics I have now are more than enough to keep me happy.

Last edited: