Cool gig last weekend...

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
(I had this tailing a different thread so I thought I'd break it out on it's own for higher viewership!)

As many of you may know, I play in a four-piece cover band that plays about one a month in little Bar & Grill type places. Well the owner of one of these places was nice enough to recommend our band to the music director of a charity that was putting on a show at the "legendary" Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ. Having grown up and lived in this area my whole life, I never thought I would ever see the view from the stage of the "Pony"!

This past Saturday night we were the opening band of the four bands playing the EarthShare ROCKS benefit.

Here's the proof!

And for you "audio guys":

It was our first time to ever play with FOH sound and do a soundcheck! At age 59 it just proves it's never too late!

(The guitarist on the right is sitting on a stool as he's playing with a fractured ankle in a boot! No way was he going to miss this show! Not my bass rig.)

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Who is the older gentleman with the full beard playing the Pilot? :)

Congratulations. I've performed on stage at a couple legendary venues and it is quite a thrill, not to mention a good resume builder.

crank

Reaction score
You should start a ZZ Top tribute band with that beard!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
man u are 59? i would have guessed younger (prior to the grey beard!)

legendary gig indeed, u guys sound great

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Very cool to play in such a legendary venue Kurt, and I dig the beard too! I felt the same when we did the St. Jude national benefit on the stage of B.B. King’s in Times Square a couple of years ago. Even got to meet Marlo Thomas!