Lifting bridge fix D4-NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
New international CITES regulations started Jan. 1st 2018.

Krysh I think you meant 2017, unless I'm missing something, but still the issue for that '73 Martin would be that it was almost certainly "pre-CITES" for any of the woods in it, and if there was no paperwork, it "slipped through" or was simply "allowed" because it just looked old enough and single instruments aren't truly "targeted".
Brazilian and some other species were still in Appendix II prior to the 2016 listing of all remaining rosewoods. (which became effective in Jan. 2017)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ah... that will not be an issue. If I sell this guitar in Bordeaux I’ll post a photo of it hanging in the shop!

good luck then. without a certificate, customs is allowed just to confiscate and destroy your guitar.

Well there is the allowance for carrying less than 10kg of listed material as personal possession, no cert required, that'll let him carry it around.
But I'm pretty sure no reputable French dealer will want it with out a cert, because then he'll be the one with an illegal piece, subject to confiscation right out of his shop let alone unshippable outside of France, because HE can't prove it was legally obtained.
And that's one photo I don't want to see, if you please.
:angry:

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
Krysh I think you meant 2017, unless I'm missing something, but still the issue for that '73 Martin would be that it was almost certainly "pre-CITES" for any of the woods in it, and if there was no paperwork, it "slipped through" or was simply "allowed" because it just looked old enough and single instruments aren't truly "targeted".
Brazilian and some other species were still in Appendix II prior to the 2016 listing of all remaining rosewoods. (which became effective in Jan. 2017)

sorry al, me bad, time is running. you are right. jan 1st 2017.

bbmclean1st

Reaction score
Just to update - I was able to sell this guitar in London and was able to get a good selling price. I’m sure they had no problem moving it. Cheers.

For anyone considering to travel and sell a guitar on the road I think the key doing so is being in a large city like Paris or London.

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Just to update - I was able to sell this guitar in London to Wunjo Guitars and was able to get a good selling price. They featured it on their Instagram (wunjoguitars) last week and I’m sure they had no problem moving it. Cheers.

For anyone considering to travel and sell a guitar on the road I think the key doing so is being in a large city like Paris or London.

Long as you've got a willing co-conspirator in breaking international treaties and are willing to throw a dealer in front of a bus by naming him besides, the key to doing so is being willing to lie about your intent with your hand-carried instrument to customs agents.
And you come back to brag about it and suggest ways to carry out an unethical transaction?
What an idiot.
It's guys like you who're going to make it hard on folks who really do have a legitimate reason to travel with their instruments.
I hope it comes back to bite you.

Yeah, I'm dead serious here.
:mad-new:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.