reverse wrapping

Tom West

Reaction score
Is it possible to reverse wrap the strings on the bridge of an S-100 Polara without having a string breakage nightmare? Did it with my NS Bluesbird and loved the slinky fee.:welcoming:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Try it and let us know! :emmersed:

I'm not a fan of top-wrapping but I know lots of Les Paul players who are.

With the distance of the tailpiece from the bridge I'm not sure you'd get the same level of benefit that you do with a Bluesbird. I think that's why a lot of people love the S100s with the longer distance tail pieces because they feel slinkier.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Get a 2nd tailpiece and use it as a shim for the first one, lol. :-D

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of top-wrapping but I know lots of Les Paul players who are.

With the distance of the tailpiece from the bridge I'm not sure you'd get the same level of benefit that you do with a Bluesbird. I think that's why a lot of people love the S100s with the longer distance tail pieces because they feel slinkier.

Yep. You can play the S-100's strings behind the bridge too, Jazzmaster style. :)

-Dave-

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Just a random FYI, I know this is the "Solid/Chambered" section, but my PRS Hollowbody Spruce bridge is set up for reverse wrapping. Love how this guitar plays. Mine has the optional "upgrade" adjustable stoptail bridge. Most just have the stoptail with "grooves" in it to put the top wrapped strings in.

810jw8fl.jpg
[/IMG]

walrus