NPD (New Pickup Day) for my DV-52

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
My man Scott at Elderly Instruments is installing a new K&K Mini in my DV-52, I can't wait to go back there and bring it home! The under-saddle passive pu just wasn't putting out enough for me on this guitar, so I haven't been taking it to gigs where I plug in. Looking forward to the sweet tones of this guitar being properly amplified.

markus

Reaction score
Guild Total
I like my k&k minis, especially with my old fishman platinum pro preamp. They say the k&k preamps sound even better, but I never had the chance to try one.

Markus :smile:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Markus, I have a Fishman preamp too, it's prob older than yours, clips on my belt, volume and 3 tone sliders, and a phase switch.

swiveltung

Reaction score
Yep, yu gotta have that pre amp. I have a belt style Fishman that works fine. It has 4 sliders and couple other things but wasn't much money.

markus

Reaction score
Guild Total
My Fishman preamp is the bigger Version and far to heavy to put it on the belt: Look here; unfortunately fishman has a new/different product with the same name now ...

Markus :smile:

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Just installed a K&K Mini in my GSR F-40 cocobolo...picks up the naturally sweet tone of the cocobolo wood and carpathian spruce top really nicely.

RC