Three Amigos

beecee

Reaction score
The NH models are extremely light compared to the Westerly. And though you can't tell from pictures the Westerly is much deeper. I was surprised a the difference.

jMdXkQX.jpg
[/IMG]

vqrMpLg.jpg
[/IMG]

NH T 4.5"
e4enVEe.jpg
[/IMG]

Westerly at 5"
EmLjpF2.jpg
[/IMG]

I always thought that the F-412/512 had ebony bridges, both have rosewood. Any idea why?

Ebony seems to be "the" choice for an upgraded guitar.

Played all three a lot this weekend. I may be having some second thoughts here.

I gotta tell you, that JF-30-12 is really no slouch. It really competes well with the F-412 which is a gorgeous guitar, love the neck fits my fat little fingers better. The F-512 is a different animal but I think I prefer the maple to RW in a 12'er.

I've a little less than $1,000 into the JF from years ago but pound for pound, that has to be the best bargain for a premium quality 12 string on earth.

hmmmmmmm.

My lack of picture taking skills are rivaled only by my lack of guitar playing skills.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, beecee... The shallower dimensions of the more recent jumbos is essentially a move back to older specs that started during the Tacoma era, I believe.

As for the rosewood bridges on the jumbo 12s, no I don't have a reason. The 6-string brothers of these guitars have ebony bridges (or at least they used to back in the day).

idealassets

Reaction score
I previously owned a few of the deeper body Westerly jumbo guitars, but found the more recent year guitars to be easier to play. The technology of the build is much better on the New Hartford guitars, which are not as heavy.

In my opinion the newer technology resulted in a better sound quality, and its easier to hold them in a playing position.

Last edited:

beecee

Reaction score
I agree, they are easier to play and hold, certainly easier to hold. Neck profile is easier on the paws too.

No doubt well put together, some of the detail is jewel like in quality.

Digging into that JF tho brings up a lot of years of memories,

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Trio there Beecee, In honor of your title let me just say that "El Guapo" would be impressed! LOL.

TX

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
...”would you say I have a plethora of Guilds?”

" El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?" LOL!

TX