Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just bought this:

I already have one! And mine is mint!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202262245723

s-l1600.jpg

This one is not mint. Issues:

If you look at the pics there are some issues and I don't think it's worth what he was asking. I teetered on the edge of just buying it and realized that my bid was close enough to just eat the difference. Plus he has a return policy, so we'll see. The money in my slush fund was supposed to be for a '64 SFIII but they seem to be very hard to come by.

Issues I see:

1) The case material is pulling away from the case. I'm thinking I can fix that with a hot glue gun.

2) That guitar has more wear than I usually see on a Bladerunner. It's been played a lot. Wear on the fine tuners on the Kahler, chip on the point of the headstock. The EMG adjustment screws are rusted. This was not a collector's piece. I can replace all the metal with period-correct parts and make it look new. I can't fix the chip.

3) There's a huge hole on the back where some halfwit put in another strap lock. The hole looks terrible, too. Who does that? Grr... That might require professional help. Just like me!

4) Those are not the original knobs, and they're not Guild knobs. I have some to replace them.

6) The case is pretty scratched up. The cases for these are *huge* and heavy and irreplaceable so far as I can tell. Not the end of the world, but more proof that it's been played a lot. As an aside this is the fourth different case I've seen for a Bladerunner. Crazy for a guitar with only 100 or so examples.

7) Mine has different strap pegs (like a Nightbird) and the output jack is black, so I'm not sure those are original. You never know with Guild, though. It wouldn't surprise me if some came with silver parts, you know, because Guild.

8) Mine has three adjustment screws on the EMG - his has only two. Might be nothing, but might indicate that it's been messed with. Similarly I'm not sure the electronics cover is original. I didn't look at mine to compare, though. Mine also has a different mini-toggle.

9) No indication of inclusion of the Kahler arm

I can also tell you from experience with mine that the many of the pictures do not accurately show the color. To be fair they're a huge PITA to photograph well.

Also, Steve has dibs for when/if I sell, so get in line if you've always wanted a Bladerunner. :)

F312

Reaction score
(chip on the point of the headstock.)
Don't worry about it, it'll happen again. Everyone who has these pointier headstocks need to apply a Jack In The Box Styrofoam head.

Ralph

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I saw this one and thought seriously about purchasing it at the offered price but then changed my mind due to the condition issues. Also couldn't get the seller to elaborate if there was any buckle rash or other damage on the back as he didn't have any full back pictures in the ad. Congrats GAD. I hope it all works out and you enjoy it!

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
(chip on the point of the headstock.)
Don't worry about it, it'll happen again. Everyone who has these pointier headstocks need to apply a Jack In The Box Styrofoam head.

Ralph

I'm going to have to get one and at the very least photoshop it on, because that is freaking hilarious.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I saw this one and thought seriously about purchasing it at the offered price but then changed my mind due to the condition issues. Also couldn't get the seller to elaborate if there was any buckle rash or other damage on the back as he didn't have any full back pictures in the ad. Congrats GAD. I hope it all works out and you enjoy it!

TX

Yeah, I hear you. Both Steve and I had tried to get more information out of him to no avail. I also felt like he was jerking me around a bit regarding offers, but figured I can clean up most of the issues and worst case it becomes the most expensive wall hanger ever. Well, most expensive ever for me. At the very least I'll take some better pictures of it and be able to tell people what it actually is if/when I sell.

Mr. Lumbergh

Reaction score
This may in fact be the most 80's thing, ever. Let's make a quick check:
tenor.gif

Yup, we're finding it. \m/ \m/ Rock on Greg.

DrumBob

Reaction score
Gary...You are equally weak and stupid! :wink-new::wink-new:

That guitar looks like a gay Medieval torture device.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm going to call you motivated and impulsive. How does that work? It works for me. I love those guitars. As "pointies" go, one of the best looking for sure. Love the "open work" and it's just fun to me.

So call yourself what you like, just keep buying and posting. Saves me money...... LMAO!! :encouragement::encouragement: