Well, I got back that Martin 12....

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....back from the setup/repair shop. If you recall, I got a great deal on a Martin "Grand Performance Cutaway 12-string Performing Artist" GPC12PA4. :tiger: .... but.... It came with a huge bow in the neck. I could have medaled in archery at the Olympics with the thing. But my new tech/luthier did a heck of a job! Said yeah, just needed a setup. Cleaned her up. Hey, this little guitar throws out some sounds! It's pretty well balanced, crisp highs, the lows are nothing like a Guild jumbo of course, but they're not awful. I like this little thing, and I haven't even plugged her in yet! (Gotta find a manual for these electronics... :stupid:) While the sound of the jumbo Guild 12s are more for coffee shops and bars, the Martin's more for parlors in Old British manors. IOW, a tighter, "refined" sound. I prefer the wide open sound of the Guild 12s, of course, but.... Maybe I'll keep her around. I guess that means I've got to take some pics....

Grassdog

Reaction score
I prefer the wide open sound of the Guild 12s, of course, but.... Maybe I'll keep her around. I guess that means I've got to take some pics....

Hey no shame at all in keeping that girl around. Three of the guys I play in bands with have these Performing Artist series Martins and they love using them for gigging - they now leave their D-28's and D-35's to the safe confines of home or studio.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Cool:) thing is you’ll have it long enough to get used it then it will be there . Lol

Hmmm now I kind wish there was contemporary 12 string series lol

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yep on pix-would love to see the Martin

Well, it came with a very nice Martin case.... :tiger: And I don't mind the richlite fretboard. Of course, it's not as nice as ebony, but it has the same look (at a distance of 6 feet), and it's undoubtedly good and hard....

mar012.jpg

The guitar is like new, has some reasonably nice silking on the top....

mar015.jpg

It's got plenty of saddle....

mar017.jpg

Sapele (an African mahogany, iirc) back and sides....

mar023.jpg

A setup really worked wonders on this little girl. I'll be keeping her around a while. Time to take the plastic off the pickguard!

mar013.jpg