Ngd In coming , Audio interface

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yup bought another one lol , ok so like my guitars I’m very Ana...... l about my interfaces in regards to price vrs functionality.

So for me best bang for the buck is the lexicon IO series from Harmon Kardon . K do I had and older I - onyx u42s which my sexy fingers killed my for the second time lol and now my updated model the Io -42 I killed but only half haha it’s a 4 channel interface and I accidentally burnt out channels 1&2

My old unit cost 80 bucks to repair at lexicon pro but times have changed as always and new bench prices starts at 140 to 240 and the 240 mark means unit replacement but by what is a mystery? Lol I just didn’t ask lol

Lexicon killed production this year or last so that’s the end of a dang good functional unit that ... folks did not appreciate for whatever reason .

So after calling Harmon Kardon I decided to hold off repair to check on any deals and did not find one other then retail prices on new ones .

Well I picked one then offered a bid of middle ground between the 329.00 and 140,00 if HK’s replacement price and it was excepted . Cool ! So I got a brand new interface for the middle ground price of repair from lexicon or was it less ?

I know most you folks aren’t into this stuff but is a good unit well laided out with good sound got it price range . Hate to see it go as it was the best design I’ve seen for a interface home studio .

So if you have a need try and get one ! Just don’t blow them up like me !! Lol

https://lexiconpro.com/en/products/i-o-42

Last edited:

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
So if you have a need try and get one ! Just don’t blow them up like me !! Lol
https://lexiconpro.com/en/products/i-o-42

Yeah, that looks like a serious unit. I've got the Scarlett 2i2. I imagine the pre-amps could be better, but I think they're fine for my level of work. I usually only have one input at a time anyway, and then multitrack....

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Scarlet is said to have good pres , I keep looking at them but I don’t care for the box type units this style keeps it all nice and neat and I get to keep the cords I need plugged up and I can grab what I need .
I guess after these disappear I’ll have go with Apogee. Those aren’t cheap lol

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhh !!! Ugh my new unit which the only thing I did was plug it to see if fired up which did no longer does so .

I’ve not really had a chance to use it , well once the co -2 I think anyway she won’t fire up now , bummer .

All the paperwork is still in the box and I did not register it now I see I only had 10 days from purchase date 😠

I contact the seller and they are great they going to generate a new receipt so I send it back to lexicon , just another bump in the road.