Desperately seeking replacement endpin for GAD-M20NA

Reaction score
I recently ordered what was described as an endpin that would fit any GAD or Westerly guitar directly from Guild.

Allas it did not fit my GAD, and a Guild rep subsequently explained that their webpage is wrong, those are no longer available, and I'm SOL.

This was my second try, as an endpin set described as fitting my guitar that I previously purchased on eBay was also the wrong size.

Please, does anyone know where I can get a replacement endpin for my GAD-M20NA?? If not, at least provide a part number or something??? Thanks!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered what was described as an endpin that would fit any GAD or Westerly guitar directly from Guild.

Allas it did not fit my GAD, and a Guild rep subsequently explained that their webpage is wrong, those are no longer available, and I'm SOL.

This was my second try, as an endpin set described as fitting my guitar that I previously purchased on eBay was also the wrong size.

Please, does anyone know where I can get a replacement endpin for my GAD-M20NA?? If not, at least provide a part number or something??? Thanks!

Welcome aboard, dceb5!
You're not the first person here to have received incorrect parts for GAD series guitars.
I trust they refunded your money, ethically they should, and they probably won't even ask you for the part back since it would cost more to ship it than it's worth, I think.
I assume the original is lost, but if you still have it and it's just broken or something, skip to the part in bold, below.
Or, if the replacement's too large, I suggest wrapping it with sandpaper and gradually sanding it down until it fits.
IT may be tricky to match the taper, but there are ways to do that, involving repeated trial fitting.
Don't worry too much if it gets "off-centered".
You're trying to create a template for somebody who specializes in replacing pins and similar parts and he's well-known here and eleswhere, Bob Colosi.
He makes bridge pins from custom materials and can do it using original bridgepins as templates, to ensure proper fit.

It occurs to me there's a slight possibility he might even already know how to cut an endpin for that GAD.
The reason I suggest this route is that I doubt there are any parts left in the US, especially if Cordoba doesn't have them.
They probably got that part right, the long explanation being that they probably can't just order up a single part for you from the factory in China and don't intend to stock repair parts for the line
which might at least make ordering a part in bulk a feasible option for them.
If it's too small, then I suggest getting a wooden dowel of the right thickness and trying to make a template from that.
Back to "If you still have the original but it's broken", if you can glue it together but still want an intact replacement, you can probably get it duplicated on a lathe in a woodworking shop.
Or just try to find a shop where they have various loose endpins and trying 'em out to see if you can find one that fits.
You have my sympathy and good luck!

Taylor Martin Guild

Reaction score
You could use a pickup end pin.
These pins require that the hole is increased to a 1/2" hole.
No need for the whole pickup just get a used end pin and have the hole in the guitar enlarged.

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Is the replacement you got too small, or too large? If too small... how much so? If to big, how far out does it protrude? I have custom end pins in three of my five Guilds (two had been drilled for end jacks). If I recall correctly, ALL had to be adjusted. When the pin is just a little small (loose), I have used a piece of scotch tape on the pin to wedge it a little tighter (had to do this with several plastic pins on Guild I have owned)... how much tape depends on how loose. Sometimes just a little wedge... don't think I have ever used a full wrap. Or, Frank Ford recommends a thin layer of CA glue on the inside of the pin hole. LET THE GLUE COMPLETELY DRY/CURE before replacing the pin... you are just trying to narrow the hole a little, not glue the pin in. I have never tried this method...

If the pin is too tight and doesn't seat in all the way, wrap a piece of 300-400 grit sandpaper around the shaft and twist the pin... testing and twisting until if just fits... then maybe smooth with some finer paper. This can take some time, but I have had to do it with a couple custom bone or black horn pins from Colosi and others.

Reaction score
Thank you all for your recommendations! The endpin I ordered from Guild was comically oversized. I suppose I could have seen it coming if I had paid closer attention, but Guild has since updated the title and description if the item I ordered (it literally said fits ALL GAD guitars), so I at least feel some solace in knowing I may have helped to prevent other people making a similar mistake to mine. https://shop.guildguitars.com/product/westerly-end-pin-ivory-with-black-dot/

The endpin I had ordered previously from eBay is just slightly larger than the original, so I think I'll have success giving your suggestions a try! Thanks again!

Reaction score
Thank you all for your recommendations!

The endpin Guild sent me was comically oversized. They have since corrected the title and description of that item. (it literally said "Fits *any* GAD guitar) https://shop.guildguitars.com/product/westerly-end-pin-ivory-with-black-dot/

The endpin I received from eBay is just slightly larger than the original, so I'm confident I can remedy my problem using the methods you all shared with me. Thanks again!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your recommendations!

The endpin Guild sent me was comically oversized. They have since corrected the title and description of that item. (it literally said "Fits *any* GAD guitar) https://shop.guildguitars.com/product/westerly-end-pin-ivory-with-black-dot/

The endpin I received from eBay is just slightly larger than the original, so I'm confident I can remedy my problem using the methods you all shared with me. Thanks again!

We forgot to tell you about moderators vetting a new member's first few posts, didn't we?
:glee:
That's why there was a lag on your second & 3rd posts appearing...but suspect you're on "real time" now or will be very shortly.
:friendly_wink: