USPS says it will be here today!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sweet ! The 512 is on my list :) as for you if the buy was right runout is no big deal as Richard said and I always say the uglier the better ! The ugly dog always wins lol

Last edited:

billymox

Reaction score
Wow, a fun mystery adventure. I don't post here to often, but that was fun. I was hoping it would not be revealed so that I could guess F-512. Then the photos were misleading for me. I owned an F-512 but it didn't have such fancy abalone on the fret board. What a beautiful instrument! I want mine back.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
So with all the mysteries and clues, I may have missed something, is this new or used. The F512s are special.

Ralph

In the photos the serial number appears to start with NQ which would make it a New Hartford made 2013 model. BeeCee can verify that as that is just based on what I can see in the photos.

TX

beecee

Reaction score
It is an O actually.

question for those in the know regarding the protective plastic cover on the pick guard.

Should leave it on? Take it off? A friend I play with occasionally says the way I play it'll shred off in a few days, (did I say friend?).

If take it off what is best way, i.e. is there anything to be careful of.
I think the strings on this came from a 2000, really cruddy and tarnished. I'm restringing both F bodied NH's this weekend.

Should be an interesting A/B.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The "O" would make it a 2011 model. As far as the plastic just pull it off slow, nice, and easy to avoid getting any of the adhesive stuck to the pickguard. If there is any residue it should come off with a damp cloth pretty easily. If you are looking to resell it I would leave the plastic on it, If you are looking to keep it and play it go ahead and pull it off.

TX