D52

Dumpster Chicken

Reaction score
My first post: I have a Guild D52 that I bought new in 1993. I've read a lot about DV52 guitars, is that the same thing, or do I have a different model? Thanks in advance.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
My first post: I have a Guild D52 that I bought new in 1993. I've read a lot about DV52 guitars, is that the same thing, or do I have a different model?

Hello Dumpster Chicken,

Welcome! What you have is an early version of the DV-52 that was labeled as a D-52 due to miscommunication between the sales dept. and the work floor.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Welcome Dumpster and you have a Guild that many think is a top notch guitar. I love mine.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
WELCOME TO LTG!
Folks here would love to see pics of your Guild...we live for the pics of our favorite guitars. :courage:

Probably one of the more interesting user names I've seen...is there a story attached?
Joe

Dumpster Chicken

Reaction score
There are a lot of Ravens in the area where I live. I spend a lot of time scolding them to stay out of my garbage cans. All of my garbage cans have tire rims or other heavy objects on top. I have a designated area where I put the mice and rats I trap, so I guess you could say I started it.
I can take pictures with my phone, but Don't know how to put them on the forum.

geoguy

Reaction score
Welcome, DC . . . short story is that you need to host the photos on-line elsewhere (imgur, etc.), & copy the photo links back here to LTG.

PTC Bernie

Reaction score
Guild

........due to miscommunication between the sales dept. and the work floor........www.guitarsgalore.nl

Yes, Guild makes it "interesting" when you're researching guitars, between the handwritten labels that can't be deciphered, using old sound hole labels when they changed factories, "miscommunication between sales and the work floor. It's all part of the fun.

But they sure made some great guitars! :applause: