OK so New Gear day again ............

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I think it was due to the highly unusual (for Guild) bolt on neck, and possibly why the instrument was sent to MIRC, who specialized in refurbishing manufacturer "B stock".
But that neck mounting design was problematic at best, and first used on those "Contemporary Series" guitars.
It's entirely possible Guild decided to stop using it because of the problems.
We just don't know and Fender never talked.
They carried other Tacoma design innovations over to New Hartford, but not that one.

Ray cut his Contemporary teeth on another model, also an "MIRC piece", and with this second job I sincerely believe he's probably the most expert member here on these guitars, at least on the vagaries of the neck joint, with the possible exception of Fixit.
Not sure if he'd ever handled one of these prior to the first one Ray sent to him, though.
So even though I whacked him about build details of the line a while back, he's back up to "Official Forum Contemporary Series Expert" in my book.
It's a tough job and he deserves all the punishment he'll get... :glee:
Ray, sincerely, my hat's off to ya!
I wish I had the space and tools to attempt such efforts.
You may actually be on to something here, the quality of workmanship I see in the photos would satisfy me and I'm one picky SOB myself.
Maybe that's what it takes.

Thanks guys , Al we’ll call this Rays couch and kitchen repair with StarTrek motivational back round sound . Lol

Action on her is really good now , took off the earthwoods and installed Martin monels lights 11-52 .

The end fret board cut was nothing more then artistic license and many custom builders do similar designs . 😀

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys , Al we’ll call this Rays couch and kitchen repair with StarTrek motivational back round sound . Lol
"We Refurbish MIRC Guitars"

The end fret board cut was nothing more then artistic license and many custom builders do similar designs . ��
BUT it really hides those misaligned necks well, eh?
:glee:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
"We Refurbish MIRC Guitars"

Specialty:)

BUT it really hides those misaligned necks well, eh?
:glee:

No it didn’t lol it was by TX and shoot and I forget who first mentioned it in the pics .

I noticed it on my cv-1 but did not focus on it because it didn’t bug me enough looking at it if I measured it I would of done some thing .

When fixit had it he missed it to or didn’t think much of it . Either way I’d like to see one that was not returned or MIRC .

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ok I know this is kicking a dead horse but thought I’d update my thoughts on this CO-2 contemporary.

I’m at a impasse and the result is it may just cost me more money . Lol

This CO -2 is grabbing my heart she is extremely well balanced few if any dull notes and great top resonance .

She does what a hog should , quick note response wonderful overtones along with the acclaimed dryness that made hogs famous ,

She gives my cv-1 no let me change that ,she blows my cv-1 out the water .

I still play my Cv-1 , she’s much warmer more suttle then the Co-2 . Now like every guitar theire’s Jems and the average I think my CO-2 is a jem now I need to find her equals in the 3 other models ;)

Last edited: