Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OK so New Gear day again ............

I like the wood binding on them.
    built like Meatloaf but Sings like Diana Ross: Antney

NH 2011 D-40 Standard
    NH Orpheum Orchestra 12 Fret SH Hog
    NH 2010 F-512
    NH 2010 F-412
    Westerly JF-30-12
    Westerly Songbird
    Westerly 1971 D-25 CH
    Westerly 1976 F-212
    Ibanez V-302 12'er
    Madeira A-2...(don't laugh!)

Quote Originally Posted by beecee View Post
    I like the wood binding on them.
    I think your thinking about the Mic Gad series Geecee .

Anyway poor mans demo is here
    https://soundcloud.com/agradeleous234/giuld-co-2
    Please use good head phones !!!

I just got with the second saddle adjust and decided to just record something .

Lots talking up front and heavy breathing chest congestion along with bad speaking skills and incomplete if wrong information lol

Oh and lousy playing . No Eq or Compression with just a tad of reverb . She’s a bright sounding guitar and I don’t thing she’s been broke in yet .

Ok did the last saddle adjust much nicer now except now it needs fret leveling lol but is pretty good .

Sounds very nice, Ray!
    several Guilds, one Gretsch, one Taylor, & a Squire CV tele

Sounds great.
    http://www.patrickcoopermusic.com/
    1974 Martin D-28
    1948 Gibson J-50
    1945 Epiphone Triumph Archtop
    2014 Waterloo WL-14 LTR
    2013 Martin 00-DB Jeff Tweedy
    2016 Halcyon NL-00 Lutz/Walnut

what is the Guild model in the pic of you leaning up against the bike?
    Wood

1971 D25 Br--ol' Flattop
    2008 Santa Cruz D/PWM--wife's

https://soundcloud.com/woody-adams/sets/not-metal

"i think that you are the only one i know of that considers the 1973-1974 mahogany top/arch back D-25 a "holy grail" guitar"--mav

Quote Originally Posted by Westerly Wood View Post
    what is the Guild model in the pic of you leaning up against the bike?
    Thanks , that particular guild is a Epiphone dr500mce the guitar that started it all ! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rayk View Post
    Thanks , that particular guild is a Epiphone dr500mce the guitar that started it all ! Lol
    looks like a nice dread.
    Wood

1971 D25 Br--ol' Flattop
    2008 Santa Cruz D/PWM--wife's

https://soundcloud.com/woody-adams/sets/not-metal

"i think that you are the only one i know of that considers the 1973-1974 mahogany top/arch back D-25 a "holy grail" guitar"--mav

Quote Originally Posted by Westerly Wood View Post
    looks like a nice dread.
    So wait , did you listen to the track or stop at the picture ? Lol

It took 3 guitars to get the one all new . Heavy poly killed its volume but it was a great playing and rounding guitar other wise all solid wood Sitka hog stereo pickup which was awesome .

It’s a great guitar gor the bucks but the AJ500 masterbilt I played sounded better possible lighter finish . I’m interested in because of the ploy for a camp fire guitar :)

Ray,
    Nice job on the "rebuild". Very nice indeed! I am amazed at the offset at the end of the fretboard however. I cannot say I have never seen one like that before but I certainly never noticed one to that extreme. To the group, has anyone ever noted that characteristic on any model or family (Guild or otherwise?)? In any case, it appears that your skills at making the fix are well ahead of many of us I am sure. Perhaps that golden opportunity you were wishing for in the past is looking at you......

To go with the side veer, before I acquired my D150 I was looking for the rosewood kin to your DR500 but never found one. The first good guitar I ever got to play was an Epiphone. It belonged to a friend I worked with and I have no clue as to the model, but it beat the pants off the flat wide necked, yellow CDX plywood topped Sears (or Wards) special that I possessed at the time. .... but I date myself. That was back in 1969 or 1970. As I recall it played very well but compared to mine, the neck was about half as wide! and where was that playing going on you asked....... by the campfire of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by steve488 View Post
    Ray,
    Nice job on the "rebuild". Very nice indeed! I am amazed at the offset at the end of the fretboard however. I cannot say I have never seen one like that before but I certainly never noticed one to that extreme. To the group, has anyone ever noted that characteristic on any model or family (Guild or otherwise?)?
    I think it was due to the highly unusual (for Guild) bolt on neck, and possibly why the instrument was sent to MIRC, who specialized in refurbishing manufacturer "B stock".
    But that neck mounting design was problematic at best, and first used on those "Contemporary Series" guitars.
    It's entirely possible Guild decided to stop using it because of the problems.
    We just don't know and Fender never talked.
    They carried other Tacoma design innovations over to New Hartford, but not that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve488 View Post
    In any case, it appears that your skills at making the fix are well ahead of many of us I am sure. Perhaps that golden opportunity you were wishing for in the past is looking at you......
    Ray cut his Contemporary teeth on another model, also an "MIRC piece", and with this second job I sincerely believe he's probably the most expert member here on these guitars, at least on the vagaries of the neck joint, with the possible exception of Fixit.
    Not sure if he'd ever handled one of these prior to the first one Ray sent to him, though.
    So even though I whacked him about build details of the line a while back, he's back up to "Official Forum Contemporary Series Expert" in my book.
    It's a tough job and he deserves all the punishment he'll get...
    Ray, sincerely, my hat's off to ya!
    I wish I had the space and tools to attempt such efforts.
    You may actually be on to something here, the quality of workmanship I see in the photos would satisfy me and I'm one picky SOB myself.
    Maybe that's what it takes.
    Al
    "Time May Change the Technique of Music But Never Its Mission " - Rachmaninoff
    My 1st Guild: '96 Westerly D25NT "Hally" (10-31-96 stamped on heelblock)
    #2: '01 Westerly F65ce "Blondie"
    #3: '03 Corona D40e Richie Havens "Richie"
    All bought new!