Guild AntiHum and LB1 Pickup Guide

dbirchett

Reaction score
Are the pole pieces in the same location as the neck pickup or are they a slightly wider spread?

Reaction score
Great question. I was wondering myself if someone put a neck in the bridge. I am attaching a pic. What do you think.
20200805_093932.jpg

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I wish they would just put out a 5k set and a 7.5k set. That being said, I'll order a bridge lb-1 when I get home today. If they changed the specs, it will cure the biggest flaw in the T-400.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
It would be very cool if they fixed this but I’d think they’d advertise the hell out if it if they did.

Perhaps I am mixing and matching stories but if I did something, found out later some people thought it was a mistake, refused to admit it was a mistake, quietly changed my mind and then fixed it, I probably would not engage in a campaign to tell the world that I had changed my mind :)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Perhaps I am mixing and matching stories but if I did something, found out later some people thought it was a mistake, refused to admit it was a mistake, quietly changed my mind and then fixed it, I probably would not engage in a campaign to tell the world that I had changed my mind :)

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say.

You and me both.

You said they fixed something and then wondered why they didn't advertise that they had fixed it. I replied with a vague, convoluted comment that proposed that the natural response to fixing a mistake, that had never been publicly admitted as a mistake, was to fix it quietly.

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Most post PAF Gibson anti hums had wider spaced pole screws on the Treble pickup, but not during the first decade or so, PAF through Pat #.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Gibson did put together matched sets of PAFs and early patent number pickups, including different neck & bridge polepiece spacing, for their artist guitars. At least for a time they did. My Barney Kessell, a '63 with PAFs, is like this. The neck pickup has the ES-350T/Byrdland spacing. Dunno if they did it as a rule or just 'cuz they had extra Byrdland/ES-350T pickups sitting around due to lower than expected sales.

-Dave-