Disappointed again šŸ˜”

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
if it was not my only Guild dread and I had not already in my mind promised it to my boy Isaac, I would box up the Br and send it your way Ray. I would even pay the shipping.

Like Joe told me once, "your ship will come in"...

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Mattā€™s music was the store . He a pleasure to deal with .

In Monroe? If yes, then yeah, good outfit. That's where I recently got my F-212XLCE. :encouragement:

BTW, sorry this one didn't work out, Ray. You'll hit on a good one before long!

swiveltung

Reaction score
That's too bad. I have been pretty lucky . Last year I bought two Westerly Guilds described as having minor blems etc. In the end they both are actually very nice, better than described. knock on wood!

beecee

Reaction score
Man, you guys are gutsy! It's the opposite for me. Of course, even New Hartfords are now 5-7 years old.... :eek:

Gutsy, no. Just a lower expectation. I like to say when you're expecting the worse things can only get better.

Plus, I tell chicks the scars on the guitar are from Altamonte or Fillmore...

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Yeah buy cheap messed up ones then you donā€™t have to worry lol

Hey Rayk....I had listed my 1974 F-30 here recently and sold it on Reverb. It was a great guitar...the one with the finish scar on the head stock. I sold it to a gigging musician in New York. He asked me a million questions....I gave him a million honest answers....and photos...and he bought it. He was elated with the guitar....left me great feedback...and today I got the following message on Reverb from the Buyer. I thought it was a super F-30....I had offered it here for about $900 as I recall and was surprised to not have any takers. If you are interested I can put you in touch with its current owner....no affiliation anymore.

"Hi, I just canā€™t get myself to drill into the end block of this gem to install a proper pickup for live performance, so Iā€™m thinking about letting it go at some point. Wanted to give you a heads up in case you saw out there for sale online. I love the guitar, but theyā€™re meant to be played and i I gig a lot, so it would have to be a ā€œhome guitarā€ which is fine too, perhaps.
Best Regards,

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey Rayk....I had listed my 1974 F-30 here recently and sold it on Reverb. It was a great guitar...the one with the finish scar on the head stock. I sold it to a gigging musician in New York. He asked me a million questions....I gave him a million honest answers....and photos...and he bought it. He was elated with the guitar....left me great feedback...and today I got the following message on Reverb from the Buyer. I thought it was a super F-30....I had offered it here for about $900 as I recall and was surprised to not have any takers. If you are interested I can put you in touch with its current owner....no affiliation anymore.

"Hi, I just canā€™t get myself to drill into the end block of this gem to install a proper pickup for live performance, so Iā€™m thinking about letting it go at some point. Wanted to give you a heads up in case you saw out there for sale online. I love the guitar, but theyā€™re meant to be played and i I gig a lot, so it would have to be a ā€œhome guitarā€ which is fine too, perhaps.
Best Regards,

Wow very kind of you sir but I already replaced the replaced replaced replaced replaced guitar Ironically with me hoping not to replace hahahahaha

so yeah I mentioned to Al in a round about about way some time back that I wanted to try some more Contemporary models and since I just really am ticked off at all the messed up ones that WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE MESS UP ! for pretty penny if you ask cheap O'l me LOL So reverse psychology was in order, as stated above just buy the messed up ones and all will be good LOL

I made an offer on a CO-2 that was in need of the bridge and neck reset plus whatever else and it seemed someone wanted it more then me as i did not even get a chance to counter offer LOL

anyway I love those little red clicker stick on serial numbers and the big used stamp on the neck LOL Ones seller was very rude with my offer by simply replying .... Nope ! I mean really thats it dick or Richard what ever his name was hahaha . Not a hey maybe a little more money and we could work something out or something , just a Nope ! well ok I'll go to the other guy right nexted to yours smarty pants :p The Top on this one is kind of ugly , nobody likes racing stripes on guitar tops but me it seems and after i was sent a few pics to confirm condition and concerns , my offer was excepted .

I now have what looks like a very nice CO-2 coming red tag and all LOL Adirondack Top , Mahogany Back and sides , Ebony fingerboard and bridge , banded fret board , racing stripes free of charge and what otherwise looks like a almost factory fresh guitar . I'll know Saturday or Monday and ! if it goes back I have my next purchase lined up which I might just get anyways but I'm holding off till I play the CO-2 :)

Annnnnnd CUT !

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Your becoming a Contemporary Collector !

I'd like to find a low cost one too. I was told, a few years back, in some Guild forum of some sort, that all I had to do was wait a bit, they often sell for around $500. Not naming forums or anything, but I haven't seen one below $900, since.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Your becoming a Contemporary Collector !

I'd like to find a low cost one too. I was told, a few years back, in some Guild forum of some sort, that all I had to do was wait a bit, they often sell for around $500. Not naming forums or anything, but I haven't seen one below $900, since.

Unfortunately your right , my CV-1 was under the 900.00 mark and I had to fix it up . If your serious about one you just have to find the right seller .

Theirs one a CO-2 for 849 heā€™s the guy that wonā€™t budge or talk to you lol , if you can get him to send some pics of the more critical areas of the guitar it could be worth considering whatā€™s out there . It looks likes itā€™s excellent shape and if true despite the red sticker if itā€™s tone is right it would be killer guitar if you ask me .

Everyone one around here is paranoid about these guitars and at the time of production and shortly after that feeling was warranted.

But now itā€™s years after and said issues these guitars wonā€™t sneak up on anyone theyā€™ll be right there for you to see !

Hate to say it but in a way Iā€™m excited/ curious about the CO-2 coming then the other Guilds before hand that all went back lol

Itā€™ll be a interesting comparison to the returned NH F30ā€™s though I know it shouldnā€™t be as crisp and not have the same level of overtones but like my CV-1 itā€™s softer edge has become comfortable again Iā€™ll say out off all my guitars the Cv-1 is always the go to guitar.

CocoaPicker

Reaction score
Personally, I have gravitated toward old guitars that are the picture of imperfection. It takes all the pressure off, knowing that whatever shape they have assumed is how they have probably been for a long, long time, and they are unlikely to change much.

Me, too. The older I get, the less I care about cosmetic imperfections. Still, though, I do find David Willcox's related musings compelling:

Note: David's first guitar was a Guild 25C, which he actually still owns. Later, he played a '77 D55, which was laid down on a photocopier for the cover of his "How Did You Find Me Here" album. He did later move on to Larivee, Olson, and now Rainsong.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The Top on this one is kind of ugly , nobody likes racing stripes on guitar tops but me it seems and after i was sent a few pics to confirm condition and concerns , my offer was excepted .
I do. My D25 has one exactly as wide as the bridge and it's only gotten more and more gorgeous over the years as the top gets ever more amber-colored from its original "Natural" finish.

I now have what looks like a very nice CO-2 coming red tag and all LOL Adirondack Top , Mahogany Back and sides , Ebony fingerboard and bridge , banded fret board , racing stripes free of charge
Annnnnnd CUT !

Well they do have to be symmetrical, which should be a given on a book-matched top.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It font look all that bad 3 darker grain strips done what evenly spaced with one down the center and one above and one below lol

If this a keeper itā€™s got a pickup system factory so did they use D-tar then ?
Delivery might be delayed if the nor'easter is snowing every thing in . So far it says delivery is tomorrow but they screwed that up last time lol guess I can hang out of the interstate and wave at it as it goes by again lol

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ray - I saw elsewhere you were having problems with this thread. On my computer I pressed Go To First New Post and it went to the First Post as well. I don't think the problem is on your end. Shall I just delete the thread? :)

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Might as well nothing informative here lol thanks brother ;)