Guild Acoustic GF60-NT

Reaction score
Hey there, new to the forum! I have inherited a GF60-NT and seem to find little info on it other than it was built in 1987 at the old Guild factory before being bought by fender. Does anyone else have one of these as I am wanting to get it insured but unsure if it’s value as it’s quite old now. Any help appreciated, I’ll try and attach some pics.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hey there, new to the forum! I have inherited a GF60-NT and seem to find little info on it other than it was built in 1987 at the old Guild factory before being bought by fender. Does anyone else have one of these as I am wanting to get it insured but unsure if it’s value as it’s quite old now. Any help appreciated, I’ll try and attach some pics.

HI Luca Welcome aboard, your first few posts get vetted by moderators so don't fret if they're not coming up immediately.
Shouldn't be more than a couple of days then they'll come out in real time.
Hans is probably the single most comprehensively knowledgeable source about Guild on the planet and if you're in a hurry, send him the s/n at the email address in his signature.
He'll know what it is and may be able to give an informal valuation, based on not actually having it in hand.

Reaction score
Wow guys! Thanks for all your help and advice. Just getting used to the forum can’t seem to post any pics!! The Guitar is rosewood back and sides but I’ll try and shoot a message privately to Mr Hans with some pics. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Thanks for the info there! Mine is the same as the one in the first pic (not sunburst) still trying to work out how to upload some pics. It is very worn in and has travelled around the world but still
Plays great and has gone a wonderful dark honey colour. Has not been played for a while but I really enjoy playing it now that I own it!

Reaction score
Hello Hans, it’s a rosewood body. Bought by my mother in Los Angeles in 87 I think. I was only 1 years old so when I got it I maybe the guitar is slightly more rare and valuable because it has triple binding and rosewood body with pearl inlay etc. Don’t know so much about guild history except that it got bought by fender and since then I have never seen another one!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Posting photos is a bit tricky here. The forum does not host photos so you have to host them somewhere else (like Image Shack, or some other sites that I forget) and then use the DIRECT LINK to the photo using the "Insert Image" icon when you post. Then the photo will show up. It's a pain, but you'll get used to it.

Reaction score
Luca,

I am a new guitar player and I just bought a 1988 GF60-NT in great shape. I somehow found Hans Moust online and he helped me identify it'll I can't thank him enough for his help and he is a Guild Guru! I researched the model and I found myself deeper and deeper in Guild history. I love the guitar and my luthier has it now to go through it top to bottom. I can't wait to start playing it!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is not the For Sale section, jorgejrl. If the OP is interested in selling this guitar, please post a price and let me know and I will move this thread into the FS section

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
this is not the For Sale section, jorgejrl. If the OP is interested in selling this guitar, please post a price and let me know and I will move this thread into the FS section

Not to mention Luca's last post was 90 days ago.
Jorge, you might have better success contacting him through the board's private messaging system.
But I suspect he's very attached to it since it used to be his mother's.

learnintoplay62

Reaction score
Best of luck with an awesome guitar. I have the less bling version , maple, gf30.
the gf60 sunburst on reverb is sweet and looks to be in excellent condition. It’s been up for sale for quite a while though, any interested parties out there who no more. Not in the position to buy just curious?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Best of luck with an awesome guitar. I have the less bling version , maple, gf30.
the gf60 sunburst on reverb is sweet and looks to be in excellent condition. It’s been up for sale for quite a while though, any interested parties out there who no more. Not in the position to buy just curious?

The OP's guitar was not listed for sale here in spite of a hopeful query about three months after the OP. If you are asking about the OP you are probably not going to get any answers. If you want to discuss the instrument currently for sale on Reverb how about a link? Better yet, acknowledge my personal OCD and start the link in a new thread, maybe in the eBay section?

Not picking on you personally but this thread is an interesting trainwreck since people seem to only read and respond to the most recent post.