The scammers are really throwing out the red meat, now...

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
This item keeps showing up on eBag over and over again. PICs and description were copied off a legit Reverb auction 5 months ago:

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
Almost as quickly as eBag shuts down one hacked account displaying this (and many other, vintage musical instruments at ridiculously low prices) another one pops up peddling the same stuff.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
There is also an ad for a 90's blonde SF-II Bass that is listed as part of the same scam over and over. In the ad they want you to send them $1200 to do a deal outside of Ebay. I see them pop up probably 10 times each for both the 90's model and the one you have listed here. I wonder how much money they scammed before Ebay started trying to shut them down?

TX

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
"There is also an ad for a 90's blonde SF-II Bass that is listed as part of the same scam over and over."

Don't be bidding ag'in' me on that one, now...

:tongue-new:

dbirchett

Reaction score
"There is also an ad for a 90's blonde SF-II Bass that is listed as part of the same scam over and over."

If not, then it appears that there is a Newark St model:
guild-starfire-bass-ii-flamed-maple-2086305.jpg

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
Today, alone, the bass in the opening post has showed up in auctions claiming it is located in Arkansas, Hamburg Germany, Ohio and Australia.

Ebay is really playing whackamole with this one.

Alan_M

Reaction score
Flakes and scammers have been really prevalent lately, both on ebay and reverb. Craigslist too, but that's been ongoing. I've been having some really questionable interactions lately. Messages, offers, texts, emails, 2 "orders" from reverb where the buyers disappeared and didn't pay. What do they "purchase" if for if they don't want it. Also had bad shipping experiences with USPS lately too. Never again with USPS and a guitar. Never.

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
This morning, the blonde bass is supposedly located in Canada, while the one in my opening post is in BOTH Canada and Florida.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

One frequent scam started with what appeared to be a legitimate 90's blond SF II and Dark Stars that belonged to Justin Meldal-Johnsen. It sold and the auction pics were reused in a scam several times over period of at least five years. Interested parties can search LTG for previous discussions. Note that a Newark Street Starfire II has an orange tip on the toggle switch and wooden bridge saddles. A 90's Starfire, such as the KMJ scam has a chrome/sliver tip on the toggle and metal bridge saddles.

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
"It sold and the auction pics were reused in a scam several times over period of at least five years. Interested parties can search LTG for previous discussions."

Probably discussed here before I discovered this site.

Wouldn't surprise me if these dirtbags have a program set up that is loaded with bogus auction info/PICs and a whole queue of dormant, hacked Ebay accounts. As soon as the crooks notice that Ebay has taken down one scam, they launch their program, which puts up a new one with multiple listings.

I'm no computer whiz, so don't know just how this could be done, but it seems to happen too rapidly for them to be doing it "by hand", listing by listing.