tweed case repair help

Reaction score
Hi Guys 1st post as a brand new newbie, I got a Guild gad40ce that is really cool but my problem is the case, Its one of those really nice tweed Guild cases but the issue is when it was laying sideways I noticed the lid up by the headstock area was separated from the case? I was like Whaaaat?? its the weirdest thing.. Ya and its not little its like going on 11 inches coming apart?
The wood seems to thin to nail the top back down so what would You all suggest? Thank You!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys 1st post as a brand new newbie, I got a Guild gad40ce that is really cool but my problem is the case, Its one of those really nice tweed Guild cases but the issue is when it was laying sideways I noticed the lid up by the headstock area was separated from the case? I was like Whaaaat?? its the weirdest thing.. Ya and its not little its like going on 11 inches coming apart?
The wood seems to thin to nail the top back down so what would You all suggest? Thank You!

Welcome aboard Elijah!
Unsurprisingly enough when you think about it, our member Frono always suggests places that repair luggage, shoe repair shops do this sometimes.
He finally said it enough times that I remembered.
:friendly_wink:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome!
We’ve had other members report that those GAD tweed cases look good, but are a little lightweight, compared to your bog-standard TKL case.
You may find that it may end up cheaper in the long run to upgrade to a more boring, but much sturdier, case, instead of repairing.

Good luck, whichever way you go.

Last edited:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome!
We’ve had other members that those GAD tweed cases look good, but are a little lightweight, compared to your bog-standard TKL case.
You may find that it may end up cheaper in the long run to upgrade to a more boring, but much sturdier, case, instead of repairing.

Good luck, whichever way you go.

What Chris said! Those tweed cases look nice, but are rather poor quality. Even a low end TKL or similar case would be an upgrade, and this one would be a good choice.