NGPurchase

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
If it plays like my NS X175, ( if you ignore the bridge pickup on it ) you should be Jazz ready. I like flat wounds on mine, to be less bright and more jazzy.

Mark WW

Reaction score
I tried really hard to like my T-50. Fit, finish and playability...all good. For my purposes it was just uninspiring. But that is me. I hope yours does the trick for you!

jedzep

Reaction score
Yeah Mark, I'm iffy with electric guitars anyway, as they tend to stay on the hanger while I favor playing acoustic, so it's always possible I won't bond. It's OK though, if I have to flip. I bought low and would be OK breaking even. Hey, it won't be the first time I've used my house as a test drive showroom. With the specific goal of using it as a tool of skill improvement I think it'll be a good guitar, and I do need to have something that's easy to fret for the times when hand weariness overtakes me.

Dammit! I'm gonna' ENJOY it! Right, Walrus?

Last edited:

Jerry1

Reaction score
I'm with you - I'm "iffy on electric guitars" as well. But, I do have a T-50, 1960 model in original case. If the guitar isn't mint, it's darn close. I just enjoy the look, feel and sound of my T-50 and maybe someday I'll get around to fully exploring its tonal possibilities. With limited time it's hard to get past the acoustics. I got interested in the T-50 when I saw Parker Milsap play one on Austin City Limits. Look him up on YouTube, you might enjoy it.

matsickma

Reaction score
Got a early 60's T50 with the chrome soapbar pup. Love it! Of the dozens of guitars I have access to it is my go to strummer. Light, thin comfortable and a bit acoustics that plays like an electric.
Now if you are mostly an acoustic flat top player you won't be impressed. But it's a fun no nonsense guitar for an electric player.
M

jedzep

Reaction score
Good to hear. It's supposed to arrive on Fri., so I guess that takes care of my weekend plans to be productive. I looked at vintage but thought the modern version would offer a little more string spacing(?), but I think my '59 T100 had an inch and 11/16. Don't like that it's not USA built, but hey, can't have everything my way all the time. Guild delivers with D'Addario EXL 115 11-49's, but I'll seek advice for string recommendations, including earlier flat wound advice, once I get familiar.

Now I have hunt down some beginner/intermediate jazz rhythm tutorials...and figure out what functions of daily living have to be foregone to get more playing time.

Time fire up the old Fender Princeton.

Last edited: