What am I doing wrong with searches??

amnicon

Reaction score
Guild Total
Every time I try to use the search function I get:

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:

I've searched things like D40, CE 100, 100 by its self, tries long entries, short entries--always the same response..

What am I doing wrong?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thus is a forum software limitation.

Try google and put site:letstalkguild.com and then your string.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well unfortunately you need be more specific , since D40 over time has been used in comments so much that the results would be the same as just scrolling through one thread after another until you find what your looking for . D40 would result in hundreds of hits or more and the thread itself you look at might not be about D40’s at all just one response mentioned it .

Try typing in D40 tuners see what you get it then type D100 guitar and see what that yields . 😁

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
My recollection is that the search string must be 3 (or maybe 5) characters but digits don't count. A dash "-" doesn't do what you would hope but I can't recall whether a dash is ignored or whether it treats what is before and after as two separate search strings. The Google hint is best for the public portions. If it is in a Member's Only area you are out of luck.