sometimes u just have to invite yourself to the party

WSiZI1.jpg

txLZ6s.jpg

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Great pair, Mav!
I did not know you had an arched back D25. Can you break down sound difference?

beecee

Reaction score
Gorgeous!

I like the Cherry finish of mine ok but that brown stain on your flat back is perfect!!

Funny, I was trying to think what was in season, (hunting), in NY when you said guns out.

btw, I see a little Therma rest pad under the right guitar. You a backpacker?

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Great pair, Mav!
I did not know you had an arched back D25. Can you break down sound difference?

i do not own or play an arch back Guild D-25. and u will not find an arch back D-25 with that pickguard, which was discontinued on the D-25 in 1970 (mine may be the very last one!)

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
they are both flat backs.

the "browner one" with the Westerly trc, bridge and pick guard is 1972 and just says "D-25."

the other one with Hoboken trc, bridge, and pick guard (and serial number) is 1970 and says "D-25 BR." on that one the back center brace is not visible in the above photos (but it definitely exists!!)

exhibit A:

d3xWZL.jpg

to answer the backpacking question, it has been a while since i've done any over the summer but I used to do a ton. these days, most of my free time is in the fall and winter. still outdoors plenty, just mostly skiing and sometimes even a backcountry hut ski trip which can sometimes be pretty hard core (but have only done that a few times)- ridgerest/therma rest has definitely saved me many times on those excursions, great for guitars too!

Last edited:

Sands

Reaction score
Those are really nice. My brown has nice grain like that - I think - it’s a bit darker. I’d like to lighten it, if there is some way to do that. I think the sun or.. I don’t know.

beecee

Reaction score
they are both flat backs.

to answer the backpacking question, it has been a while since i've done any over the summer but I used to do a ton. these days, most of my free time is in the fall and winter. still outdoors plenty, just mostly skiing and sometimes even a backcountry hut ski trip which can sometimes be pretty hard core (but have only done that a few times)- ridgerest/therma rest has definitely saved me many times on those excursions, great for guitars too!

If you ever reconsider, I'm not quite done hiking the Adirondacks!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
If you ever reconsider, I'm not quite done hiking the Adirondacks!

do u ski at all? or hike off season? kinda done with the summer crowds, traffic, insects, heat...

ill play guitar with u though! im not professional but can "play along" haa.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I want the one on the left !!!
What year ?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
1972. paypal me $150 friends and family right now and I'll leave it to u in my will

Geez I almost fell for it wait how old are you ? Do you smoke ? Work a high risk job ? Do you often feel compelled to jump out in front of a moving train ? No huh , bummer but ever want to sell it for real hit me up unless I get one first or you croak lol

beecee

Reaction score
do u ski at all? or hike off season? kinda done with the summer crowds, traffic, insects, heat...

ill play guitar with u though! im not professional but can "play along" haa.

Shoulder season is best! But I am going to do the Cranberry 50 this summer before I turn 60 in January.

I'm a poor rhythm player but can't play a single lead. But at least I have a lousy voice!

It's all in fun.