My turn to start the guessing game

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

Finally after many weeks negotiation there will be a new old Guild sent to me tomorrow. I saw the ad at Finnish musician forum - was too much money for me - price was o.k. but I just don´t have da loot. And he would not trade to anything but money. So I told the seller, that whoever buys it could call me so I maybe would see that beauty someday - fondle it and be sorry for not getting it. Few days later the new guy calls me - after long talking and finding out we have plenty common colleagues - and him discovering my affectionate love for Guild - he said he might consider trading it to some other stuff that he needs. Naturally the price had nudged up some, but then it is only a question of finding something, that I do not need anymore and he might be happy with.

Really a win-win - I get rid of "useless stuff" - he gets some "useful stuff" - besides he, too, has plenty of guitars after this.

So after pondering MANY alternative deals we finally struck a deal half an hour ago. I will send him a bunch of microphones - I must have about 40 of them - all kinds. But I am also the Finnish rep for German MBHO mic maker - so naturally I use "my brand" on gigs. I let go a pair of AKG 451 - a Neumann KMS84 - a Shure S55 - a MBHO 219C -

The guitar should arrive by friday - and then I will start putting in pictures - non revealing first - and as you guess, I will let more visible.

I copied this idea in cold blood from the thread, where that gorgeous blue guitar, that made Mrs Frono almost start electric guitar playing...

Did I wake up your curiosity ?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
s5iapl2sdeymdyglqelh.jpg

(Guild Baritone Ukelele)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats Nuuska and look forward to the clues for the guessing game. One of my favorite ways to pass the time.

TX

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

The new old guitar has arrived - and I am happy to say, that it is in fine condition. Fine condition in this case means it plays well and nothing needs to be fixed. Not collectors grade or anything, but good working tool. The case is worn and needs some loving care.

Here is first picture

img_2902.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Snakehead headstocks didn't appear until '84 on the Gruhn designed pieces (F44/46; D60/64)
Snakehead with a Chesterfield could still be on a pretty broad range of guitars.
It could even be late '90's D40.
But I guess that rules out the Baritone uke.
:glee:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My guitar has gold hardware - original !

Daylight is gone for today - it is 18.40 now - tomorrow will give you a new picture.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Okay - a little teaser - iPhone photo in the dark

img_2909.jpg

And the gold is quite worn out on tuner knobs - tuners are Grover - my 1975 F50R has Schaller and they still look like new - and that guitar has been used a lot.

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Okay - a little teaser - iPhone photo in the dark

img_2909.jpg

And the gold is quite worn out on tuner knobs - tuners are Grover - my 1975 F50R has Schaller and they still look like new - and that guitar has been used a lot.

If it's actually white (edge of headstock) and not a fluke of the lighting, I'm going to agree with the S4ce guesses: no fretboard binding or block inlay are a couple of the clues there, too.
I'm also gonna guess that nut's been replaced because the D string looks like it's a few thousandths too close to the A string.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
If it's actually white (edge of headstock) and not a fluke of the lighting, I'm going to agree with the S4ce guesses: no fretboard binding or block inlay are a couple of the clues there, too.
I'm also gonna guess that nut's been replaced because the D string looks like it's a few thousandths too close to the A string.

Hello

You´re right about it being white / cream white.

No Fretboard binding - dot inlays.

Looks like nut has been replaced - well done !!! :watermelon:

S4CE - WRONG

Hint - some weeks ago this was mentioned in one discussion on this forum .

img_2911.jpg

The blue hue comes from two LED-flashlights that I used to get more light on the guitar, while big light was behind it.

img_2912.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
S4CE - WRONG
Hint - some weeks ago this was mentioned in one discussion on this forum .

Well darn thought that WAS an S4ce...the one with the white pickguard, right?
Or was that an S100.....
oh well the memory's shot now....
I give up.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You´re right about it being white / cream white....

Man, I am no good at this. My Guild knowledge is pretty narrow - on particular models. But that white neck really put it over the edge!