Reverential Member
Reaction score
Um, I use strings.:nevreness:

Cooked?

boiling-guitar-strings.jpg

Or raw?
wpid-2015-05-04-01.23.17.jpg2.jpeg

From here:
http://lpkaster.com/blog/2015/05/19/real-silk-strings-for-guqin-now-available-in-us/

"Why Silk Strings?

O Real Silk strings are kinder to your fingertips, and are easier to press against a fretboard.

O Real Silk strings are unusually resilient and do provide richer reverberations; a crisp pluck and harmonically rich finish.

O Real Silk will give your vintage or traditional instrument a whole new voice of distinction and complexity."

Last edited:

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Can anyone here, pull some strings to get Al inducted into the LTG String Thread hall of fame? :biggrin-new:

When does a thread become a string?

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Aww heck, since this just got made a sticky, and think he must be busy with a kayak, I'll back him up:

d-addario-ej19-phosphor-bronze-bluegrass-acoustic-guitar-strings-012-056-9.gif

Ahhhh... now it feels like home.
I bow down to you Al, on achieving the well deserved sticky status, and will be eternally grateful for finally having a reference thread to soothe my anxiety attacks each time I wonder whether or not I'm using the right kinda strings.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
and will be eternally grateful for finally having a reference thread to soothe my anxiety attacks each time I wonder whether or not I'm using the right kinda strings.

wait, you have them too? i thought it was just me...

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh... now it feels like home.
I bow down to you Al, on achieving the well deserved sticky status, and will be eternally grateful for finally having a reference thread to soothe my anxiety attacks each time I wonder whether or not I'm using the right kinda strings.
For the first time I can ever remember, somebody who actually was at Guild at the time, Drumbob, finally confirmed recently that he was buying strings for Guild from D'Addario from '79-'81:
I'm sorry to say, I didn't see your post until just now. I visit this forum only occasionally. I worked at Guild in Elizabeth, NJ from '79-81 and handled customer service, artist relations, procurement, R&D, and pretty much everything else Neil Lilien didn't want to do. I ordered strings from D'Addario, dealt with the sales reps, made sales calls to Guild dealers trying to unload overstocked items (and never got one cent in commission), handled dealer and customer problems and issues, and was frequently the whipping boy for mistakes made by others, people like sales manager Ramon Portal.

Sounds like they were just stringing him along.

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Your very own sticky! There's one thing off of your bucket list, Al!

walrus

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
For the first I can ever remember, somebody who actually was at Guild at the time, Drumbob, finally confirmed recently that he was buying strings for Guild from D'Addario from '79-'81:

Sounds like they were just stringing him along.

Stringing him on wheelbarrow ???

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Your very own sticky! There's one thing off of your bucket list, Al!

walrus

Oh it ain't my first sticky.
Just the first one I didn't nominate myself for.
:shocked:
You guys....you guys're....just.... <sniff>
'Scuse me.
Got sumpin' in my eye, piece-a silk thread or sumthin...

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
wow. A+ Al, I think we all really needed this thread. sometimes they are just stringing u along, other times it seems u have the world on a string...Al this one's for u