Ngd 2010 nh f-412

beecee

Reaction score
Waiting for pix to upload to imgur but this is one sweet guitar.

Bought it off a gentleman who has 19 guitars. Vietnam Vet, used to jump out of gunship choppers. Says he was original owner, never touched truss rod but the cover was upside down

We ended up playing for close to an hour, I sounded pretty darned good a rhythm to his front. I enjoyed playing with the guy. A bit off center but a kind man. I kind of invited myself over in the future. He's widowed, and lost his elderly Mom 6 months ago that he was caring for. I think he'd have let me stay as long as I wanted. I'll be back.

My standards are a perhaps a bit lower than some but I'd give this a solid 95/100. There is some lacquer chips at nut, which hopefully I can post one of these days, but no other issues to speak of. No cracks, lacquer or otherwise, no chips, all trim is tight and lined up right, good neck angle, nice action and nice balanced sound.

Txbumper was kind enough to take my call and view some pix for real time set of brains. Thanks again George!!!

Strings must be original, but it still sounds great.

The maple is not the most striking I've ever seen on the back but the sides have that combo vertical/horizontal grain. Spruce top is nearly perfect, if not perfect, nice silking under the very tight grain. I really am digging the top!!

Tuners are clean, no pitting, I think the inlays are about the best I've personally seen on a Traditional.

Needs a good cleaning for sure, interesting amount of finger crud in lower frets! Probably 15 splotches where it looked like he may have opened one of his bud lights too close to the guitar. He had three while I was there.

He had a 1971 D-25 BR......no I already asked, but probably museum quality save for the dirty fret board...he plays it every day but you'd never know.

Well, still waiting for 25 minutes for pix to upload, not sure what I am doing wrong.

Wood, I have some shots of the BR for you too that I'll post as soon as they get to imgur.

beecee

Reaction score
GY89tlEg79wWEsp_ap69qB4mK7EY0MX59_WT__cEcOO__uKA6zzsOaUc7iFL_LsZJ7Cgr8CqfzgoIbL56DRTRCStDsVH8ouZ5nlbyeTQjW8v-_Ltk87V9I1cxo2OmXW7LTmOlLJbbyZzXzBRwMf_Bw5-HiGYXK5fiw5_7hDpYwdZQrZTzFQPCogp9YU_uGDXtYmVw-pp2y4UqOK_kn1e8Ntd0oYH1XiI3AwOd2JE5BRV0Sb8Z2dLuS4TFuFCQtGyEt4vKADx9mgoio1-nt1LRe9tiq3jfxAFomnVEbjrcni7PeK51rQlJddYpC85aXshuOUEZfEZNAAK1k4CYRkxRVH7kclMKwZZks0iJlHVJzlgMI0c8LDO28WxvZ-SFs4JN66pDU9eT7MR60Rs5CUQ18DUmxxEZ6sQStj4AjJQfluRiZyGWalkHeYgAp_hHfo-b6UaL3H2s4BbHYOF8axtJQ0VnZR0iAf7jc445ctmHlFodIpB-W4ZIyfpL-Yd2iozvPzRj2Up7pL0aCGJ1V3Z5MB2dPzzAYjGmMUcqch51uAlQMC9Pe3BijZACBCosexeim8QNKZB250jFGvBfSnQYXNEYYoXv9z0LngWVKg=w611-h814-no

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Gorgeous - congrats! Looks to be in excellent shape!

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
She sure is a Beauty Beecee, Congrats on a Beautiful New Hartford Guild!

TX

beecee

Reaction score
goners.

I'll try from work. about 10 of them are in cyberspace between my phone and computer.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Pictures good here and one "easy-to-look-at" guitar. Guild made guitars like Webb C. Ball made railroad grade pocket watches (yes, I know Hamilton, Illinois, and Waltham were makers of Ball RR grade watches for Ball)-Quality!

beecee

Reaction score
zeIBI9Q.jpg
[/IMG]
TMI9k6p.jpg
[/IMG]

Not the most stunning back wood in the world but the top is gorgeous, with super straight tight grain and that lovely silking underneath.

I like the sides with that three dimensional graining.

Oh and I'll say it again, my JF-30-12 has withstood the test of time with the exception of my short lived F-312 but that was not apples to apples.

I can see why the F-412 is the Queen of the 12 Strings!

Finger style on a 12 string???? ya gotta be kidding, I was having a ball.

Tear it all down tonight and give it a good cleaning.

btw, some of my pix really stink. And check out the humidity on the meter...

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't see 'em either. Congrats though, beecee. The F-50/F-412 might be the ultimate NH guitar, to be honest. Just simply fabulous.

Ah, OK, I see 'em now on the second page. Magnifique!!!