One door closes, one opens

beecee

Reaction score
I have a bad habit of waking up in the wee hours, (I go to work early), and hitting the TGC website.

I've bought a number of guitars before they open figuring the $20 shipping charge is worth it when they undervalue a guitar.

I saw a 1976 F-312 for $1,800 and kind of hemmed and hawed. Well, got busy and when I went back later it was goners. Door closed.

Lo and behold, a local NH F-412 came back for sale, 2010, for $1,500 ask. It disappeared a year ago and frankly didn't really miss it as I had the JF and a NH F-50R, (now resting in Txbumpers hands). Open says a me!

Well, I want another high end NH guitar in the stable so I'll go check it out today. Don't really need another maple 12 but hey, never stopped any of us has it??

beecee

Reaction score
That's a great deal! I would walk through that door if I were you :subdued:

I prefer the old Bum Phillips approach. I'll kick the darn thing open.

Does a maroon case lining make sense?

I thought they had green

Last edited:

ClydeTower

Reaction score

I thought they had green

Never heard of a maroon colored lining on a Guild case. Even if it isn't the OHSC, still a good deal.

Last edited:

beecee

Reaction score
I like Bum, never liked the Oilers except for the Moon era, Buffalo fan here.

Got a date a 1:00

PittPastor

Reaction score
Never herd of a Maroon colored lining on a Guild case. Even if it isn't the OHSC, still a good deal.

Mine (1980 D40C) came with a maroon colored case, actually, but I'm pretty sure this was just a 3rd party case, not genuine Guild. As I said before in another thread, pretty sure I inadvertently bought a B-Stock Guild represented as A stock.

Pretty cheap construction. IDK if you can tell, the flap is VERY thin.
warQXdl.jpg

Notice: No Guild Badge
eNLJx7p.jpg

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yes there was a case that came from New Hartford which was a TKL case that had red interior with regular black tolex on the outside. It was what they used for the Standard series Acoustics and was listed as their Deluxe case while the Alligator model was their Premium case. A F412 regularly came with a Premium Faux Alligator case which has the Green inside but I am sure there were instances where they left Music Stores in a Deluxe case instead.

Beecee that sounds like a great deal if everything is in order with it. Should you decide to get it and not like it I would be interested in it as that is the only 12er I don't have from New Hartford in a Jumbo, Best of luck with it!

TX

Kitarkus

Reaction score

I thought they had green

My 2012 D-40 Guild branded case has a maroon/bergundy fluffy interior. I also bought this guitar used at GC.
lvYTWBa.jpg

and it is indeed a Guild branded case from what I can tell.

022p7mx.jpg

Last edited:

beecee

Reaction score
hmmm.

Kitarkus,

I have the same case for my D-40...in red. Need more sleep.

George, I'll call you if I want to pass on it

beecee

Reaction score
yes it is John but the Guild was on CL, er Craigs List. About an hour from my home.

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/msg/d/guildstring/6499942636.html

sitting in my living room right now.

Big shout out to Txbumper for answering a few questions I had while looking at it.

It really has much more fullness, if that makes sense, than my JF 30-12.

Pix coming!! Gotta fix mail box first in 26 degree weather...darned plows keep hitting them!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
yes it is John but the Guild was on CL, er Craigs List. About an hour from my home.

https://syracuse.craigslist.org/msg/d/guildstring/6499942636.html

sitting in my living room right now.

Big shout out to Txbumper for answering a few questions I had while looking at it.

It really has much more fullness, if that makes sense, than my JF 30-12.

Pix coming!! Gotta fix mail box first in 26 degree weather...darned plows keep hitting them!

Congrats My Friend and feel free to call anytime! I attribute a lot of that "Fullness" to the Scalloped Adirondack Bracing plus it was made in New Hartford which means it is Amazing anyways, LOL!

TX

marius

Reaction score
Mine (1980 D40C) came with a maroon colored case, actually, but I'm pretty sure this was just a 3rd party case, not genuine Guild. As I said before in another thread, pretty sure I inadvertently bought a B-Stock Guild represented as A stock.

Pretty cheap construction. IDK if you can tell, the flap is VERY thin.
warQXdl.jpg

Notice: No Guild Badge
eNLJx7p.jpg

I don't think that is a 3rd party case. Is there by chance a sticker in the compartment that says 2520 on it? Ess & Ess made cases for Guild in the 70's and 80's and Guild marketed them as 2500 series for standard HSC and 4500/5200 series for deluxe HSC.

Yours looks to me like these Guild cases:
https://reverb.com/item/3015864-vintage-guild-2520-dreadnought-case-in-great-condition
https://reverb.com/item/250720-vintage-guild-acoustic-case-60-s-70-s

Last edited:

PittPastor

Reaction score
I don't think that is a 3rd party case. Is there by chance a sticker in the compartment that says 2520 on it? Ess & Ess made cases for Guild in the 70's and 80's and Guild marketed them as 2500 series for standard HSC and 4500/5200 series for deluxe HSC.

Yours looks to me like these Guild cases:
https://reverb.com/item/3015864-vintage-guild-2520-dreadnought-case-in-great-condition

It does look quite a bit like this one, you are right. Thanks for that link! No sticker on the inside tho. And no badge on the outside. I am first owner of this guitar, so I can tell you there was never a Guild emblem on the case ever. It may be the same manufacturer. I don't think it is a Guild case tho.

Not that it matters. The case lasted thirty-five years and the Guitar is still going. So, I can't complain!