NGD (belated)

Br1ck

Reaction score
Sands, that is a beautiful guitar. For ten years when I lived in Palo Alto, I would go by Griffin on my way home and hang for an hour or two. I played a bunch of guitars over that period, and the ones that really stand out were both old and battered from playing. You could play a forty year old case queen and they almost never sounded good, but pick up a fifties or sixties D 18 that had been pounded on by a bluegrass player and they just sang. Same for old J 45s. Probably the best one didn't even have the original neck. Your guitar will never sound congested because someone has played the snot out of it.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sands: Beautiful guitar and sure the sound matches the beauty.
Sunpowder: Your guitar is just "lovable" like a long eared puppy.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice , love the burst my favs are a tea or Tabacco burst :)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
D-20 on the way, 1971.
??? Typo for D25 or D40?
Quality not close, but I do wish Guild offered a wider neck option.
Yes very few Guild flattops made with 1-3/4 nut, and even some of those are "off spec", they were actually spec'd for 1-11/16.
And have even seen a few oddball 1-5/8 on guitars that were spec'd for 1-11/16.

Sands

Reaction score
Sands, that is a beautiful guitar. For ten years when I lived in Palo Alto, I would go by Griffin on my way home and hang for an hour or two. I played a bunch of guitars over that period, and the ones that really stand out were both old and battered from playing. You could play a forty year old case queen and they almost never sounded good, but pick up a fifties or sixties D 18 that had been pounded on by a bluegrass player and they just sang. Same for old J 45s. Probably the best one didn't even have the original neck. Your guitar will never sound congested because someone has played the snot out of it.

Great memories-very interesting. Thanks for sharing.